DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Autumn Tilt Shift Miniatures

That’s great. I know some people find them a bit gimmicky but I love tilt shift when it’s done well, and this is done well. ??

Reactions: vbSky
That’s great. I know some people find them a bit gimmicky but I love tilt shift when it’s done well, and this is done well. ??
Thank you very much!
Accually this video was just an experiment, it was never intended to be in a tilt shift style but I'm glad you like it. :)

Reactions: Lastrexking
Sorry, I am very new to flying. Could someone explain to me what exactly tilt shift is please?
Here is the Wiki definition but in short it's a photographic style which makes the objects in the video to look like miniatures or toys.
There are special tilt shift lens for that but you can easily achieve this effect (or sort of) by using narrow dept of filed, oversaturation and video speed ups in post production.

There are many examples in the web for that. :)

20483.jpg

Here is the Wiki definition but in short it's a photographic style which makes the objects in the video to look like miniatures or toys.
There are special tilt shift lens for that but you can easily achieve this effect (or sort of) by using narrow dept of filed, oversaturation and video speed ups in post production.

There are many examples in the web for that. :)

20483.jpg
Thank you for taking the trouble to inform me. I really should look more into the Internet rather than rely on others to find the information for me. Your video was worth watching but I'm afraid 95% of the explanation on Wikipedia went way over my head. At my age, I suppose I just know what I like to see and forget about all the actual photography measures that go into different aspects of the videos posted. Thanks again.

First, excellent job! One of the best tilt-shift videos I've seen. I would suggest for the future, if your software allows it, widen the part in the middle that is in-focus just a little and apply a soft edge to the out-of-focus sections top & bottom.

Reactions: vbSky and Barbara
First, excellent job! One of the best tilt-shift videos I've seen. I would suggest for the future, if your software allows it, widen the part in the middle that is in-focus just a little and apply a soft edge to the out-of-focus sections top & bottom.
Hi,
I totally agree with you. :)
I can surely use more feather on the "focus edges" next time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002