DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

available/best hard/semihard cases for MA2?

Kylis

Reactions
I was looking for foam insert cases for the MA2 and only seemed to find a few. What are people's opinions on the cases/brands that are or will be available? I was hoping there would be a Dacckit one as I like having the shoulder strap and don't necessarily need a full on "survive 3 story fall" hard case. Though there is no word on them making one.

Right now all I've found is the GPC hard case. I'd imagine once the MA2 is actually in more people's hands, there will be some more options for aftermarket cases.

I'm hoping to find someone who's making custom foam inserts for something like a Pelican 1500 case or the like.

I'm just waiting for Nanuk to come up with a foam insert for the Air 2. Worst case, I'll replace my Mavic Pro's case with the pick-a-part foam insert and use that.

I'm absolutely in love with the Nanuk cases.... the latches alone are brilliant.

I'm just waiting for Nanuk to come up with a foam insert for the Air 2. Worst case, I'll replace my Mavic Pro's case with the pick-a-part foam insert and use that.

I'm absolutely in love with the Nanuk cases.... the latches alone are brilliant.
I'm actually thinking a Nanuk case for Mavic 2 series with Smart Controller would fit the MA2 okay. The larger RC would have a nice fit, and the MA2 itself would have room for a cover sleeve as it goes into the M2P spot. The batteries may fit with LiPo-safe bags.

But as stated earlier, everyone's scrambling to design right-sized accessories as we type.

Not sure, appears to be pretty deep though. I ordered on May 4th, as of now delivery is May 12th from Amazon.
Shipping is all over the place on Amazon right now, Ive ordered other things and they have came early.

Last edited:
Thats a nice hard case but no room ipad and mavmount.

I decided I'm not going to try and get the Smart Controller nor my Mav-Mount and phone holders into the same case as the MA2 FMC itself. I think it'll be easier to move it around and easier to deploy from standing at the back of my Ford Explorer. I have the PGYTECH case for my Smart Controller (and a pair of red sticks that look pretty cool), and I have ordered the above case directly from GPC, I already have a smallish Pelican Case with tear out foam in it that I can use for the MavMount and phone and tablet holders, and tablet if I decide to.
I don't really want all that stuff in one case to lug around [if I were flying and checking gear as baggage, I'd likely feel the opposite.

Apache 3800 $30 at harbor freight

Pick-and-pluck the foam to shape, and spray it down with Plasti-Dip. Works rather nicely, at about half the price for a bare Pelican case, and way less than half the price for a Pelican with custom foam.

Need more room? Go for the Apache 4800 or 5800.

Pick-and-pluck the foam to shape, and spray it down with Plasti-Dip. Works rather nicely, at about half the price for a bare Pelican case, and way less than half the price for a Pelican with custom foam.

Need more room? Go for the Apache 4800 or 5800.

That's what I did with my Apache case. I wanted something slightly smaller than my Nanuk 915 case that would fit in my backpack more easily.

Attachments

• IMG_20200710_140805_4.jpg
    IMG_20200710_140805_4.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20200710_140446.jpg
    IMG_20200710_140446.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20200710_134406.jpg
    IMG_20200710_134406.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 20
Reactions: iaincaradoc

My orange 915 arrives this Friday. Can't wait.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys