DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Avata first impression

alex_markov

Reactions
Site
alexmarkov.eu
Today finally my Avata arrived - I was prepared with updated goggles and remote so the connection and FW upgrade went well and fast, charging batteries was fast also (30-40 minutes top from the delivery state with 65W charger) - then first attempt to fly indoors returned me to a rookie state two attempts twice uncontrolled drifts to the left and touch the wall and land on a back - so I went outside and thou it still tends to drift left (I calibrated the compass and IMU later on and think it's OK now!) was flying like a charm :)
My first impressions:
- Not as loud as some described it!
- as expected not fast in N and S (did not have time to try M yet)
- good camera, Not M3 thou :)
- I tested RockSteady and HorizonSteady - first impression I'll keep HorizonSteady :) but You can see it for Yourself in the below clip!
- decent battery life for close and low flights
- No signal problems thou I did not fly far away but put him behind some trees! (I am in CE!)
- expect a lot of fun! But expect some crashes :) :(
- SD card placement is RIDICULOUS as expected and is a Major pain in the ** to put it in and Especially to remove it

And now the clip itself it's long but there different stabilization sections and You can see how fast I was building confidence :)

P.S. You might need to wait a bit for youtube to process it to 4K60!

Today finally my Avata arrived - I was prepared with updated goggles and remote so the connection and FW upgrade went well and fast, charging batteries was fast also (30-40 minutes top from the delivery state with 65W charger) - then first attempt to fly indoors returned me to a rookie state two attempts twice uncontrolled drifts to the left and touch the wall and land on a back - so I went outside and thou it still tends to drift left (I calibrated the compass and IMU later on and think it's OK now!) was flying like a charm :)
My first impressions:
- I tested RockSteady and HorizonSteady - first impression I'll keep HorizonSteady :) but You can see it for Yourself in the below clip!
- No signal problems thou I did not fly far away but put him behind some trees! (I am in CE!)
- SD card placement is RIDICULOUS as expected and is a Major pain in the ** to put it in and Especially to remove it

And now the clip itself it's long but there different stabilization sections and You can see how fast I was building confidence :)

Glad you are enjoying it. I am still waiting to get mine. Not sure why DJI ships to the US after the rest of the world though, seems strange when it has to be their biggest market. 🤔

Be sure to check out our FPV Forum and post it there as well.

Reactions: alex_markov
Nice! Mine is due to arrive later today. I am looking forward to Horizon steady and looks like this drone opens up a whole new opportunity for FPV
For me, Avata is a dream come true - as it allows me to fly StarWars bikes thru the wood's style And I can not stop it till I smash it eventually... hopefully, years from now ;) :)

Sorry, I am in FPV forum (as I have DJI FPV for more than a year now) but I am using "FPV's" for filming and this is not the topic of Your other forum - so I prefer sticking around ;)
I see that you're a member of the FPV Forum, I was suggesting you post your experience there as well
Photos/Videos

I decided not to get one. I’ve got three drones already. Then an early adopter let me fly his. 10 minutes later, I decided to buy one! It’s on the way.

I decided not to get one. I’ve got three drones already. Then an early adopter let me fly his. 10 minutes later, I decided to buy one! It’s on the way.
I wasn't thinking even a moment as I had DJI FPV I did not fly with from Dec last year - so I have Goggles and remote and ordered Avata on the 26th of Sep first day possible for a naked drone - meanwhile sold my Mini 3 (found it inferior in any way to my M3!) and put on sales DJI FPV waiting for the customer ;) :)

My first impressions:

Very nice you did a little better than my first flight. Didn't crash but had some close calls and briefly had some video issues about 1/4 mile away but pretty sure it was due to some power lines that were not to far away.

I got my first 2 flights in today and wow am I impressed! It was very windy and gusty so I flew low over the golf course on the first flight with Rock steady on (default). The height indicator was showing 2.5' above the ground on much of it and I was only traveling 5-8 mph but it looked fast! Second flight I switched to Horizon steady. It was quite windy but I decided to fly up to the hill above my house (630' up and 1/4 mile away). Winds up there were intense and the little drone was really getting bounced around. Return trip in S mode with throttle maxed out was only getting 25mph and the drone was tilting a good 20 degrees to the side in the goggles view. I was pretty amazed when I just downloaded the Drone 4K video. That 20 degree tilt and rocking back and forth resulted in a near perfect flat horizon with no rocking at all. It also seemed to smooth out the yaw movements or maybe I was just imaging that, but exceeded my expectations and quite incredible really.

My first impressions:

Did you use the flight simulator before flying?

I own both a Mini 2 and Mini 3Pro…I’ve even owned an Air 2S. The latter I sold so I could get the Mini 3Pro. Now, with the Avata and your demo video of your maiden flight I’m going to go for therapy.

I have severe OCD when it comes to upgrades and new drones. I want one (Avata) or I won’t be able to sleep at night until I get one…looks like fun.

So, how do I explain to my wife (The Government) that I need an Avata drone?🤔…I’ll figure it out.

Thanks for sharing. 🇨🇦👍

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ