DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Average Watch Time 19% from my Weekly Vimeo Report

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
This attachment is self-explanatory! I released my newest video on Sunday (Montana-Mountains and Rivers 2020) , and it appeared on Monday Aug. 31. . Most comments stated that it was my best effort so far! Yet the 11 minute video (with a disclaimer that the last 2 minutes were credits) was watched as follows;
5:58 minutes with 9 finishes. So I am just submitting this for the umpteenth time to demonstrate that of the 47 viewers who saw it, the video was only finished by 9 (about 19%) , and that the average viewing time was less than 6 minutes of the 11 (54%) minute clip.

Moral of the story for you all out there- if you make your videos more than about 3 minutes, most of it will not be seen. Mine was made for my own pleasure and memories of a place that I held dear and wanted to have it available for my future enjoyment as well as for my family to enjoy. I submitted to the forum as mentioned in the submission , reluctantly.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 6.28.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 6.28.10 PM.png
    109.4 KB · Views: 11
This attachment is self-explanatory! I released my newest video on Sunday (Montana-Mountains and Rivers 2020) , and it appeared on Monday Aug. 31. . Most comments stated that it was my best effort so far! Yet the 11 minute video (with a disclaimer that the last 2 minutes were credits) was watched as follows;
5:58 minutes with 9 finishes. So I am just submitting this for the umpteenth time to demonstrate that of the 47 viewers who saw it, the video was only finished by 9 (about 19%) , and that the average viewing time was less than 6 minutes of the 11 (54%) minute clip.

Moral of the story for you all out there- if you make your videos more than about 3 minutes, most of it will not be seen. Mine was made for my own pleasure and memories of a place that I held dear and wanted to have it available for my future enjoyment as well as for my family to enjoy. I submitted to the forum as mentioned in the submission , reluctantly.
EXACTLY!! What is a great memory for you can quickly become boring for others who don't have that connection to it.

Yours is a different case though from the ones that really do frustrate me. Those are the "instructional" videos where the presenter basically likes to see themself on camera and hear themself talk. GET TO THE POINT. Between 30 seconds of useless intro graphics, an audio introduction about what the video will show, and all the fluff, it takes 9 or 10 minutes to show what could have been done in literally 30 seconds. Infuriating and I just tune out immediately.

Sure it's just my opinion, but for those types of videos, just get to the content, be concise and factual, and leave out all the useless BS.

Reactions: Tombie and okw
EXACTLY!! What is a great memory for you can quickly become boring for others who don't have that connection to it.

Yours is a different case though from the ones that really do frustrate me. Those are the "instructional" videos where the presenter basically likes to see themself on camera and hear themself talk. GET TO THE POINT. Between 30 seconds of useless intro graphics, an audio introduction about what the video will show, and all the fluff, it takes 9 or 10 minutes to show what could have been done in literally 30 seconds. Infuriating and I just tune out immediately.

Sure it's just my opinion, but for those types of videos, just get to the content, be concise and factual, and leave out all the useless BS.
I could agree more! I have my favorites when it comes to instructional YouTube videos-I'm sure we all do. They know their stuff, and they are great teachers without all of the BS.

I could agree more! I have my favorites when it comes to instructional YouTube videos-I'm sure we all do. They know their stuff, and they are great teachers without all of the BS.
Funny that this topic came up just as a perfect example got posted in the forum here. ELEVEN MINUTES to show hot to set a switch for ATTI mode on a M2. Sure it's a great feature to learn how to enable but it can be done in under two minutes. As soon as I see a length of 11 minutes it's bye bye.

For what it's worth (IMO) many of the videos people post are often long when dealing with scenic shots, & seeing the same subject from different angles gets old if the video is too long. Various short shots unique angles helps gain my interest. With video, the main subject needs to catch my interest. Action shots are a bit different if it's an exciting sport that continues to keep me on the edge of my seat.
I probably turn off the audio on 80% of the time for a host of reasons but everybody is different and many like what I call elevator music. I usually don't. Seems it's rare when a video sound track agrees with me.

This was a video that was short enough, had a good subject, great angles and presented well. I even liked the audio.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan