DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Avianca Airlines. can I bring my mavic pro and batteries as hand luggage?

Silverback

Reactions
Can I bring my Mavic Pro and batteries as hand luggage with Avianca Airlines....Travelling to Chile in March from Costa Rica.

To know definitively you need to call the airline's customer service number and ask them.

Hey Silverback, Did you find out anything from the airline ? Information for this thread would be great !

There is absolutely no problems in bringing your Mavic pro with Avianca. I had no problems.
They didnt evening asked me if I was carrying any type of batteries at check-in.
I volunteered the information and all they said that I have to carry the batteries as hand luggage.

Interesting. I just spoke with someone who said they have to fly cargo....will be checking with another Avianca source tomorrow. Flying Li-ion cargo sounds totally stupid.

Interesting. I just spoke with someone who said they have to fly cargo....will be checking with another Avianca source tomorrow. Flying Li-ion cargo sounds totally stupid.
Hi..I flew with avianca again last month and again no issues with bringing my Mavic pro ....I had the batteries in a lipo bags.

How many batteries are we talking here?

I have five MA batteries and two Crystal Sky batteries.....might need to share the load with someone else. That is certainly true with Air Canada which only allows, "One battery in the drone and two spares."

Flew all over Colombia on Avianca this April, Mavic air in carry on back pack. Never questioned once. Three batteries fully charged and my GoPro.

I've been on multiple flights and had my Mavic with 3 batteries as hand luggage and had no problems yet. I guess it's ok.

As it turns out on connecting flights the Avianca policy is to accept the carry-on requirements of the originating flight, in this case Air Canada.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom