DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Avoid losing your drone: do this every time!

Merrill277

Reactions
Before flying take a minute every time and check your defaults. Go through them all as some revert back to system defaults. Also a firmware update can change them. Perhaps the most important one is what happens if your drone loses contact with the controller. You want it set to RTH so it automatically returns to home. The “land” option means you’ll be using the find my drone feature and walking hiking and searching for your drone instead. It’s cheap insurance and only takes a minute of your time! Your flying can wait a minute or two. Thanks

Good stuff to remind us pilots before launch.

It's Memorial Day weekend in the USA and many of us may want to fly if weather permits.

I haven't flown for a month and although the batteries are charged, I'm going to do short test flights in the backyard to make sure all the updates via home WiFi are working before heading out to capture whatever.

And you are correct, a little time on the ground may insure more time in the air.

Fly safe. :)

RTH is the failsafe default, isn't it?
The other dangerous one is the response to the CSC position, some people have experimented with that and set it to anytime, which has cost them their drone.
I think RTH height should be reset for each location and not left as some high normal.

Last edited:
Before flying take a minute every time and check your defaults. Go through them all as some revert back to system defaults. Also a firmware update can change them. Perhaps the most important one is what happens if your drone loses contact with the controller. You want it set to RTH so it automatically returns to home. The “land” option means you’ll be using the find my drone feature and walking hiking and searching for your drone instead. It’s cheap insurance and only takes a minute of your time! Your flying can wait a minute or two. Thanks
I have the Pro RC for the M3. Does the RTH default change if I turn my drone off and then restart? I think it stays on the RTH default. Please let me know!

After a humbling day, of visiting widows and family members. I appreciate our ability to exercise our rights to explore our Americas vast scenery. A thanks to all who have Provided these opportunities. Rest well my brothers and sisters.

I installed a Tile locator on my Inspire 1. Haven't had to use it yet, but it's there if I need it.

D

Reactions: Sereinx and Keitho
After a humbling day, of visiting widows and family members. I appreciate our ability to exercise our rights to explore our Americas vast scenery. A thanks to all who have Provided these opportunities. Rest well my brothers and sisters.
Amen to that!!!

smart. i’ve owned over 15 tiles and the apple airtag is 5,000% better. 4 for $100

And a thousand dollars for an iPhone. ;)

Just teasing.

Oh by the way...

Hello from the Crossroads of America davidorlandbrown.

As a Droid user, the Apple AirTags may be limited in it's usefulness.

I agree about them being better on how they operate in the background with other iOS devices to help track the movement of the tags.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Reactions: lee8sec
I never thought about using a tile or AirTag on my A2s. Where did you happen to apply it on the drone? I know they are pretty light, but did you notice any kind flight changes?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead