DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Awesome Canyneering Adventure! with stunning drone footage. . .

Karlewski

Reactions
A friend and I visited the San Rafael Swell, Ut last week and had an incredible 4 pack of adventures, some hiking and some roped climbing and rappelling. This day we hiked some rough terrain up to the mid point of the Swell and traversed to an incredible set of arches towering over a deep box canyon with a free hanging rappel. Let me tell you, flying a drone in a deep box canyon if fraught with danger and risk, minimal GPS signals wall on walls across 270 degrees! Despite it all, I was very please how this baby came out! I was bummed about how at one point my focus went bad, I always simply run it in auto mode, any ideas???

There was a bolted anchor on the first rap and webbing slung around that lower arch/bridge for the second rap so nothing need for anchors but, I did have extra webbing and a quick link just in case. . . . I love that area and have some more very cool adventures to come.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
A friend and I visited the San Rafael Swell, Ut last week and had an incredible 4 pack of adventures, some hiking and some roped climbing and rappelling. This day we hiked some rough terrain up to the mid point of the Swell and traversed to an incredible set of arches towering over a deep box canyon with a free hanging rappel. Let me tell you, flying a drone in a deep box canyon if fraught with danger and risk, minimal GPS signals wall on walls across 270 degrees! Despite it all, I was very please how this baby came out! I was bummed about how at one point my focus went bad, I always simply run it in auto mode, any ideas???
Karl

I am totally speechless! No way to explain it, but this film was an amazing production. Many congrats. Also, glad you are now going with another human. No more Aron Ralstons!

Dale

Big thanks guys! We had a few amazing adventures on this trip I am excited to share, some giant colorful arches deep in the jaws of some hungry cliffs. they did taste blood but, just a few drops, lol. A sunset rock climb on glowing cliffs ending in a full moon rise. And a trip we were never were able to arrive at our "tip top arch" destination and wow did we push hard trying. . .
Hey, Aron made it out alive. . . next thing you know I'll have to chew my arm off, LOL. Now that my videos are reaching a wider audience fellow climbers are quite interested in joining me. Sometimes I would still prefer to be alone but, this weekend I'm joining forces with fellow Youtuber/endurance runner/climber Chris Gorney for the most epic routes in Red Rock Canyon Nevada. I'm very excited!

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose