DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bad Batteries

AC only applies when home. Which might be 8 hours later.
Ive had batteries still be showing 40c+ 5 hours after a flight at times when in the field.
Even at home (not in work) the AC is run for maybe an hour a night if that.

(my first 5 batteries swelled up long before i started doing this as well).

From what myself and others have experienced, the M2 batteries seem exceptionally sensitive to high temperatures and humidity in a way Mavic 1, P4 and others don't seem to be.
None show any sign of electrical or chemical degradation in terms of cell voltages, discharge rates and so on, its entirely physical to the point the clips pop and/or the top cracks.

IMG_20200825_001230~2.jpg

Battery on the left, 33 cycles, middle 21 cycles, right 24 cycles.

Well if you only run your AC sometimes, then you can't be storing the batteries near 20c, which is what is generally considered room temperature, but actually much warmer temps. Lipos don't like that, particularly fully charged. You might be better keeping them in the warmest part of the fridge.

Some MA1 batteries also showed swelling issues. With Phantom and M1 batteries, the battery frame has room for some swelling but later models the battery bottom is completely flat so swelling is more noticeable and more likely to cause the battery to not latch or be hard to latch.

Did you read the fine print? It might not cover what you expect it to. It might not actually cover it at all as those extended warranties are probably offered blindly based on item price.
I did read it. It says that batteries are covered if they no longer will hold or take a charge. Pretty simple claim if you ask me!

Good to know. I've heard stories about extended warranties that really didn't cover anything about the item. It wouldn't have surprised me if it said batteries and other consumables were not covered.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929