DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bad news

Did the lens break or pop off? Might you find it somewhere in or near the tree? (g)

I haven’t found the lens as it crashed onto gravel and it’s like looking for a needle in a hay stack. So sadly I have no idea if it’s even there or if it’s in pieces. :/

Reactions: Former Member
In case you didn't notice, @Thunderdrones repairs drones and has parts (as he has said) if needed. Sounds like you have an action plan that will work.
I have used his services and they are reasonable and thorough.

Ah yes I saw thunderdrones Services but I am in the UK and he is in the USA and I wouldn’t think it’s cheap to ship something worth this much halfway across the world. Then there’s repair costs. Think I’ll stick to the plastic and tape, and If worse comes to worse and I can’t do anything I am insured under DJI care refresh so I can have a replacement unit sent out for a small fee. Just don’t want to use it up for just a tiny missing led cover. Thank for your help,
Jacob

Reactions: Turn11
I agree, no sense in using up refresh over this.
DJI can replace the whole arm and probably would if you opt for repairs rather than replacement. Arms aren't that expensive but there's also labor.

Reactions: JacobT
I agree, no sense in using up refresh over this.
DJI can replace the whole arm and probably would if you opt for repairs rather than replacement. Arms aren't that expensive but there's also labor.

02e615626510047b3355405c77fc6a34.jpg
Not the neatest but that’s it taped up. Piece of plastic under all that tape. Tape didn’t want to stick to the arms so had to use lots. Fixed quite stable now. Have run tests on all the motors and in the app and they all seem to be running ok. Propellers arriving tomorrow so fingers crossed I should be back up and running. [emoji106]

02e615626510047b3355405c77fc6a34.jpg
Not the neatest but that’s it taped up. Piece of plastic under all that tape. Tape didn’t want to stick to the arms so had to use lots. Fixed quite stable now. Have run tests on all the motors and in the app and they all seem to be running ok. Propellers arriving tomorrow so fingers crossed I should be back up and running. [emoji106]

One of my first orders after getting the Zoom - additional sets of propellers. Maybe the limitations of flying around my 5,000 sq ft lot with house and trees clearly demonstrated I was going to hit something!!! So when I did, I had spare props. Enjoy once you are back in business.

Reactions: TR Ganey and JacobT
might be wrong here but I think that's just led lights and not a sensor
Yeah... the sensors are all on the main body... sides and bottom... look like small buttons... LED lights are for visibility and decoration only. You can buy a flasher/strobe for seeing your drone up to 2 miles away, by the way...

Reactions: JacobT
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acott