DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bad Review and Need Reference

Chaosrider

Reactions
First the Bad Review.

I bought a tiny little Snaptain H823H early on in my droner days. It was a delightful little toy, and it was so cheap (about 25 bucks) that I ended up buying 6 of them to use as gifts. Of the 6, two have failed. I can't recommend this drone anymore.

However I now need to replace one of them for the gift that failed on Christmas morning, with something comparable (fully enclosed props, no assembly required, under $50). I'm sort of settling on this one:

Holyton Mini Drone for Kids Beginners, Remote control Micro Quadcopter with 21 Mins Flight Time, Auto Rotation, Auto Hover, Circle Fly, 3D flip, Throw to Go, Nano Indoor Toys for Boys and Girls​

Are the Holyton drones reliable? Have any of you flown one?

Does anyone have a different recommendation for a toy drone that meets the above specs?

Thanks for any help that you can provide!

TCS

Reactions: Droniac
I can really only say that you get what you pay for in this area. Reading the info on the advertisement for this drone I see it states 15-21 mins made up from the 3 batteries. That’s 5-7 min each and probably closer to 4-5 in reality

I can really only say that you get what you pay for in this area. Reading the info on the advertisement for this drone I see it states 15-21 mins made up from the 3 batteries. That’s 5-7 min each and probably closer to 4-5 in reality
Lame advertising, to be sure, but I sort of assumed that was what they meant, having another drone in that same class.

What I'd like is to get what I pay for: a drone that has very limited functionality, but performs that functionality reliably. My interest in this instance is in the reliability, not in the capability.

Thx,

TCS

My only advice is before buying anything online, do not trust the reviews they post before checking Fakespot | Analyze and identify fake reviews and counterfeits
they spot fake reviews even from amazon and other websites and grade the review with A,B,C,D or F.
I do not trust a 100% on that but is better than nothing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair