DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

bad video feed

robhavens

Reactions
I have an intermittent issue with video feed. I just bought this drone from a friend. I know it wasn't used for a while. I have tried two different phones to run the drone on. the app fires up and I can get the drone flying but the live images flickers and goes from the good photo to the bad photo attached.
Obviously there is some kind of issue but I don't know what. Any ideas?

The video if recording and photos taken are find. No issues even when live feed is screwy.

Its as though highlight detector is turned on as in a digital camera. 20200525_082736.jpg20200525_082701.jpg

Its 20200525_082701.jpg20200525_082736.jpg20200525_082736.jpg

These don't look like the over exposure warning highlights - those come in the form of diagonal stripes (like below) and can be turned on or off in the settings.
190558dwkzc18msdn5cd85.png

And it is unlikely to be the mobile device that is causing these since you say you have tried two different devices. I am also ruling out transmission interference since you seem to be sitting right next to the drone and it would be very unlikely that you will experience any image transmission issues at such close distances. That leaves out the final link in the transmission chain - the physical wired link between the remote controller and the mobile device. My bet is you either have a dodgy cable, or a dodgy port on the remote controller. Try using a different cable, preferable one that connects to the full USB port on the bottom of the remote controller and your phone. You didn't mention what model you are flying; if this happens to be a Mavic Pro, you could also switch it to WiFi mode and connect to it with just your phone. If that resolves the image issue, then you have faulty cable.

Hi robhavens welcome to Mavic Pilots.
What phones did you try, could be they aren't fast enough for the live feed, just a thought I could be wrong.

Ninjad byDoppler he has a good point the cable is often the culprit

thank you. I have tried the usb A port with a 3.0 cord same thing.
I am trying with a lg v20 and a samsung note 10. I have 4 mg ram used in note 10 but a total of 12 so i don't think ram will be an issue. I am going to try wifi and see.
I used a genuine mavic cable yesterday, a friends as I ordered some.
then used the ones I just bought brand new on amazon. same issue with all the cords.
Thanks for the welcome.
I am going to try the genuine mavic cable I just purchased.

I will try compass and IMU calibration when I get home. But same problem with WIFI. Almost like when it gets warmed up, it goes haywire. I wonder if a chip is bad or camera sensor.

Attachments

• 20200525_095620.jpg
    20200525_095620.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
But same problem with WIFI. Almost like when it gets warmed up, it goes haywire. I wonder if a chip is bad or camera sensor.
That certainly rules out a bad cable. Since you say the footage recorded on the micro SD card is fine, this can't be a problem with the camera or the sensor. It is most likely an issue with the downlink transmission between the aircraft and the remote controller, and most likely on the aircraft side than the remote controller (since it also happens with just wifi only link). Have it looked at by someone qualified. Good luck!

Also note that you may be receiving interference from wifi or other signals using the same or close frequencies. Take it to a field and see if you notice a difference. Happy flying!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest