DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bag/Case for MA

Hallstar

Reactions
Hi all,

What third party bags/cases do you use to contain your AC and all accessories?

I have an MA with 4 batteries, iPad Mini 4, Landing Mat, Leg extensions and cables, filters etc.

I’m looking for a way to securely house my kit in a way that it is quickly accessible yet neat and tidy.

Any suggestions and links are greatly appreciated.

Hi all,

What third party bags/cases do you use to contain your AC and all accessories?

I have an MA with 4 batteries, iPad Mini 4, Landing Mat, Leg extensions and cables, filters etc.

I’m looking for a way to securely house my kit in a way that it is quickly accessible yet neat and tidy.

Any suggestions and links are greatly appreciated.
You may also wish to check Harbor Freight for a low cost hard side case.
Mycasebuilder.com can be a goto for custom interior.

I have the DJI bag that came with the FMC, as well as a third party case I got from Amazon which is my primary case. There are so many cases that suggesting a specific one would be difficult. Instead, I'll offer some features to consider.

I prefer the style that opens like a briefcase, rather than the top loader style, like the FMC case. You don't want to have to unpack components to get to the ones you need. What if you don't have a place to safely put the unpacked piece, like if the ground is wet, or you're on a beach. My preference is for a case where you don't have to take something out, before you can get to what you want.

You have to ask yourself if you are going to dedicate the case to a specific drone (make/model), or want to keep using the case with a new drone you get in the future. Some cases have molded plastic compartments sized for specific pieces, so those will not likely accommodate a different drone and its accessories. Also, many cases just have dead air between the molded compartment and the shell of the case. You may want to get a case which has soft foam blocks that are pre-cut for specific accessories, and if you get a new drone, you just have to get new foam blocks and cut them as necessary. Cases that use pre-cut foam tend to be the more expensive ones.

Make sure that the case will accommodate everything you'll be carrying. A good sized open area is good for odds and ends. Remember to make room for any brackets you may need to connect the device (e.g., iPad/iPhone) to the remote controller, and any landing skid extensions or other snap on accessories. Finally, if you're planning to carry prop guards, keep in mind that they're usually not flat. You might want to consider having a primary case with all the essentials, and a secondary case, like FMC, where you can carry less often used items, like prop guards.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer