DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Balfour - WW1 Coastal Battery, Hoxa Head, Orkney

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Another piece of 20th Century military history from our recent Orkney trip, the well preserved First World War Balfour Battery on South Ronaldsay, Orkney.

With paboramic views over the anchorage of Scapa Flow Hoxa Head is a great place to visit, historic remains for both World Wars are present along the coast and Wales, Porppoises, Dolphins and other marine mammals can often be seen from the viewpoint.

Do take time to visit the beach on the way in - hubby found a piece of old earthenware pottery, dating back at least to medieval times - and the Tapestry Gallery, with its stunning contemporary pieces and prints.

I was waiting for you to fly through the 'hardened shelter' top left in the video! Thanks again for appraising us of the history and allowing us to see your great video clips.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
I was waiting for you to fly through the 'hardened shelter' top left in the video! Thanks again for appraising us of the history and allowing us to see your great video clips.
Thanks... I did think about it, but with having crashed the week before in Manchester and only just got the drone back in time for the holiday discretion was the order of the day...

Reactions: Geofff
Very nice!

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54