DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Banner Advertising With The Mavic Pro

Am i wrong or in most countries quads can't fly over crowds? And i you can't fly over crows i guess it's almost impossible toplace a visible banner under a Mavic.

Interesting! We've talked about object drops from larger platforms such as the inspire series but the problem with this of course is that in order for somebody to catch what you are dropping, you have to fly over them. Id definitely be interested in seeing a write up on how he accomplished this.

Last edited:
I think it would be fun to fly it indoors in a stadium, gives the fans something to aim for when throwing cups..

Over a lake in front of a local beach....
Until the banner whips up with the wind, jams up the props and the Mavic comes flying down and scars up a baby!! Won't somebody think of the children!!

Seriously though, this is the future. It doesn't take much more technology to make these things safe for when they drop out of the sky. When that's done, it's going to be like Futurama's opening.

I posted this on your first thread. I assume you deleted it? I can't find the original content, but...

If there's one space advertisers haven't found a way to cram just one more ad into, it's the air. Just the other day, I was at the field at our clubhouse - me an my kids enjoying the beautiful, cloud-free blue sky, sounds of nature, and clean air. Moments later, the rumbling of a slow-moving, obnoxiously loud single engine flying at about 500' arrived. It was towing a banner about 10x larger than the plane advertising for Geico. Not once, not twice, but three times that #)%ing thing flew over the field. Mind you, me and my kids were the only people there. I have no idea what Geico's advertising budget is, but what ever it is, it's too much.

It's one thing to have a Goodyear blimp at a stadium, or a banner-toting plane making runs at the beach over crowds... But now they're doing it regularly over residential communities. Where does it stop?
The plane was hired by Transport Canada so people could blame it on a drone and call 911! Lol!

I hooked up an American flag 2' x 3' on the 4th of July last year on my phantom and flew around my neighborhood with no problem. While moving it flys horizontal looks cool!

Reactions: HiVac
I've seen several flags and banners pulled by multi-rotors but they were larger drones . I filmed this guy pulling a flag at an event last year . This was filmed with my Yuneec q500 . He said he had to land because fighting the breeze was getting tougher and tougher .

Moved from General Discussion...

Hey guys, I've been working on a marketable advertising package for the Mavic. So far I've been successful with lifting small banners like the one below. These things are pretty robust when it comes to lifting a little extra weight. The only real issue I've run into is finding an acceptable way to attach banners. The one pictured below is attached with straps.

Is anybody else experimenting with this and if so what methods have you come up with for banner attachment. If I had access to a 3D printer, I'd try creating an attachment but until then.....

Wrap around body- Rubber straps; will try to get a pic shortly.
Keep banner from props - cut 6" - 1' sections of small hose (automotive or water). Split hose on one side. Open split and slide on banner edge going downward. Tack with hot glue. Repeat every 4-6 inches. MAKE SURE to do along the bottom with weight added so it will not flip upward.
Do not fly with Winds over 10mph. Or less depending on rig.
NEVER EVER EVER fly near people.
Always have insurance.
Best practice is not going into somebodys nature view area as said above. Sit relatively still near the business at 100-200 AGL.

I read this as a banner advertising on the Mavic pro forum site!
Oh well, no plans whatsoever of hanging a banner below my Mavic!

Moved from General Discussion...

Hey guys, I've been working on a marketable advertising package for the Mavic. So far I've been successful with lifting small banners like the one below. These things are pretty robust when it comes to lifting a little extra weight. The only real issue I've run into is finding an acceptable way to attach banners. The one pictured below is attached with straps.

Is anybody else experimenting with this and if so what methods have you come up with for banner attachment. If I had access to a 3D printer, I'd try creating an attachment but until then.....

Check out Dronad Systems (www.dronadsystems.com), a banner and flag-hanging kit for drones. The equipment utilizes a patent pending design, which incorporates a novel method of connecting your banner to a drone in a safe, reliable, and flexible manner. I don't own a Mavic, but I bet you could make it work!

I've used banners for several years but only to convey on holidays. i.e. Happy 4th July, I simply attach it with fishing line on a verticle mount to hang about 6-8 feet below the Mavic. It works well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead