DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Baptist Hospital Medical Campus and Epiphany Church-Miami Waypoints-2 Missions

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
I am constantly searching for flying opportunities in my area. In addition, I am practicing the intelligent flight modes of my Mavic 2 Pro drone. Here are two subjects where I used "Way Points-2. I was able to plot out my flying routes at my desk days before my flight and store these missions in my iPad memory. These were two good subjects for practice. I waited for the weather to be just right and did this 3 minute film in a day or two. Produced with Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop CC2021 and LRTimelapse 5.

Last edited:
Hi Dale,
it seems that those way-point flight do not really work, or is it normal that the drone stops as for example at 00.32, 00.52 01.03, 01.19, 02.09, 02.37 ?
Why does the cars drive as fast? Did you spee up the flights?
cheers Paul

Hi Dale,
it seems that those way-point flight do not really work, or is it normal that the drone stops as for example at 00.32, 00.52 01.03, 01.19, 02.09, 02.37 ?
Why does the cars drive as fast? Did you spee up the flights?
cheers Paul
Au contraire Paul:

The way points2 flight mode worked like magic for me. There is no way in hell that I could have flown that route with my skills (not great). I lost sight of the drone several times but luckily regained it. There is a hesitation at each turn which annoys me. I tried checking off the option that allows an arc turn but it was rejected by the software. I could have edited out the abrupt turn but was not easy to do.

Nice one, I wouldn’t trust myself to plot a flight then let it go do it’s thing all on it’s own :eek:
I felt the same way as you did, Cyborg, but the darn thing really works! Give it a try! It took a little practice. I did a very small rectangular area on my first try where the drone was always in view over solid terra firma. If you make an error in placing the way points you can immediately delete it. You can do this at your desk days before your flight. The route will be saved. When you get on site, you can load the route. Watch a few You Tubes about it first. My last three way points-2 videos were all successes. The smooth flying and turning as the gimbal always points to the point of view are amazing technology. check these out on my vimeo site. Dale Davis,M.D.

Last edited:
I felt the same way as you did, Cyborg, but the darn thing really works! Give it a try! It took a little practice. I did a very small rectangular area on my first try where the drone was always in view over solid terra firms. If you make an error in placing the way points you can immediately delete it. You can do this at your desk days before your flight. The route will be saved. When you get on site, you can load the route. Watch a few You Tubes about it first. My last three way points-2 videos were all successes. The smooth flying and turning as the gimbal always points to the point of view are amazing technology. check these out on my vimeo site. Dale Davis,M.D.
yes I did speed up a bit. - I TRY TO MAKE THE FLIGHT REALISTIC BUT ALSO WANT TO KEEP THE FILM TIME DOWN. The film would have been 6 minutes instead of 3 minutes.

Dale, I notice that you use premiere pro. Did you speed up the video by 200% and thus cut the time from 6 minutes to 3? Would 300% have resulted in a 2 minute video? Would it still look natural?

Dale, I notice that you use premiere pro. Did you speed up the video by 200% and thus cut the time from 6 minutes to 3? Would 300% have resulted in a 2 minute video? Would it still look natural?
For the two main missions of the Baptist Hospital Campus and the Epiphany Church rectangular routes, I raised the time of the speed 200% in Adobe Premiere Pro. It actually looked quite boring at 100% speed. If not for the cars going abnormally fast, it would look pretty natural. All of the other sequences were at regular speed. I adjusted the still images to fit the titling. (e.g.: the default for still image was 4.2 seconds and I reduced it to 3 seconds.

he way points2 flight mode worked like magic for me. There is no way in hell that I could have flown that route with my skills (not great). I lost sight of the drone several times but luckily regained it. There is a hesitation at each turn which annoys me. I tried checking off the option that allows an arc turn but it was rejected by the software. I could have edited out the abrupt turn but was not easy to do.
ah ok! So the automatic waypoit flying is not really completely automatic! I think that it´s not really necessary to fly in automatic modus, because such videos are often rather boring depending the subjects which are shot, lack of variety! In the case of the Baptist hospital it look rather boring because not much changes and more or less one can see only wide shots! Not really fun to watch because it´s also too long, even if it´s speeded up! The problem, all the moving subjects as cars or people are moving way too fast and that looks rather silly. Sorry, if I was sincere!
my two cents:)
cheers Paul

Last edited:
ah ok! So the automatic waypoit flying is not really completely automatic! I think that it´s not really necessary to fly in automatic modus, because such videos are often rather boring depending the subjects which are shot, lack of variety! In the case of the Baptist hospital it look rather boring because not much changes and more or less one can see only wide shots! Not really fun to watch because it´s also too long, even if it´s speeded up! The problem, all the moving subjects as cars or people are moving way too fast and that looks rather silly. Sorry, if I was sincere!
my two cents:)
cheers Paul
Yes- to a point- you are correct, but there is no way that I could fly this route, turning the drone and adjusting the gimbal constantly to keep on the point of interest with my own manual skills, and, as I initially said, this was a practice exercise.

Yes- to a point- you are correct, but there is no way that I could fly this route, turning the drone and adjusting the gimbal constantly to keep on the point of interest with my own manual skills, and, as I initially said, this was a practice exercise.
It´s ok Dale, if this was an exercise there is nothing to say:)

Exercise or not you did great job. I did not have way point on my Mavic Air but now have it on the M2Z.
You made me want to try this, thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett