DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Barcode scenery (marshland) then I got attacked by four birds.....

Porky

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi all,

Another photo from me, a nice 10 mile walk with my lovely wife along the River Crouch in Essex, uk.

Ok so whilst taking this photo I was attacked by four birds so I put what I’ve learnt from this forum into practice. The four birds started showing an interest and started to circle the drone at quite close range. I ascended quickly and watched the birds circling to follow until they reached the height of the drone. I ascended to max of 390 ft, my limit, and again they followed! I decided to return to the home point to descend safely out of the way of the birds...little so and so’s!

As it seems quite a common problem I’d agree with what others on the forum have recommended and ascend as quickly as possible to get out of the birds way!

5F5EE1F7-F7D2-40C4-9DCA-2CB7C8546C1F.jpeg

This photo was cropped down so you can see the four bomber birds, can be seen in the original top right??

E7A00938-196D-4153-8788-2868BC9B2FA4.jpeg

Just added another photo from today, different angle of the original photo??

ECC606AB-B402-481A-9D83-B4A4E77484C7.jpeg

Last edited:
Good to know there are thousands of geese around here where I live they’re everywhere

There were some Canada geese there to but they didn’t seem to take much notice of me, just the small bomber birds, don’t know what species they were..

Hi all,

Another photo from me, a nice 10 mile walk with my lovely wife along the River Crouch in Essex, uk.

Ok so whilst taking this photo I was attacked by four birds so I put what I’ve learnt from this forum into practice. The four birds started showing an interest and started to circle the drone at quite close range. I ascended quickly and watched the birds circling to follow until they reached the height of the drone. I ascended to max of 390 ft, my limit, and again they followed! I decided to return to the home point to descend safely out of the way of the birds...little so and so’s!

As it seems quite a common problem I’d agree with what others on the forum have recommended and ascend as quickly as possible to get out of the birds way!

View attachment 69986

This photo was cropped down so you can see the four bomber birds, can be seen in the original top right??

View attachment 69987
Well done, Buddy! Thanks for sharing this story and of course the wonderful picture ;-)

Reactions: Porky
Porky, you take some great photos [emoji106]
Awesome Oblique Photiques [emoji6]

I’m trying... just need to get better in “post” now?

Great pics... reminiscent of the FLA Everglades.
You continue to amaze.

Thanks Thomas, I saw it on google earth and thought it would be an interesting photo (different)

I still can’t believe how the birds took an interest in my drone and when I ascended they circled round to gain height. It was interesting watching them do that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent