DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Barn Swallows like my Mavic Pro...

WGMitch

Reactions
Every time I fly the Mavic in my yard the Barn Swallows show up to investigate. They have gotten pretty close to it, but then leave quickly after seeing it is not prey, I guess. They normally show up when I'm cutting the grass too and they swoop in and around me catching bugs.

16988-2a3dcde06ee7745942bb2be1f068f58c.jpg
16989-a6332c6cff15a5c3277f34c659457606.jpg

Anyone else seeing this?

I fly in a bottom alot and is alot of water so lots of mosquito's which they love and yes they swarm me also . Flew yesterday and just sat in a hover 40" up and videoed em . Like you say them come close then turn at the last moment .
SoFar

Reactions: WGMitch
I had 3 dozen swallows bombing my mavic in a ravine. Scary, a couple even made contact but not enough to crash me.

I have the same problem.
Barn swallows like to do fake out dives when literally anything gets near them and their nests. They'll never hit your drone, but nevertheless they make a spectacle of themselves.
make a vertical ascent and leave the area to get away from their swarm. Come mid August their nesting season ends and they should be less of an issue.

Yeah I do too! Dont know if they’re Barn Swallows tho. They’re so agile, they have a few looks then get on with feeding.
I also get pigeons..be careful when they’re around. Clumsy is not the word. Maybe they’re thick, but they’re a collision just waiting to happen.

One of my favorite boonies locations that I want to fly has swallows. Dang things come out in a cloud and harass me with a DSLR and a tripod. Apparently they nest under the overpass which is over a small tributary/stream. I'd really like to fly up that gulch but worry about the swallows. Everything in Texas is private land and fenced to high heaven. If they take it down - it's gone. My initial strategy may be to fly high and come down farther away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_