DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Barrel distortion (Curved horizons)

For anyone using LumaFusion, they do not have distortion correction (yet) - really bad news for anyone who likes to edit on the go.

LumaFusion - if you're listening, please add it!

Sounds like your some sort of production company. Sorry a consumer drone is unacceptable. Have you tried their professional options?
If you knew anything about this type of industry, you'd understand that some client shoots can't afford our Alta flight due to time, budget, and location lol. I dont care what drone it is, something so simple as distortion should be corrected by DJI in every drone, specially one with 10 Bit, Dlog, etc.

Your argument makes no sense. If shooting in DLOG the footage HAS to be post processed before its usable. So an extra 2 seconds to drop a distortion fix onto the timeline is no issue at all.

If you dont have time or inclination to edit footage then use the normal profile. Then theres no post processing needed and no distortion present.

Reactions: kilomikebravo
Back to precision landing: landing seems to be more accurate since getting my refresh replacement and the new firmware. New firmware was released while my M2 was out for repairs so I can't tell if either or both made the difference, or just plain dumb luck.

Plain dumb luck. It varies hugely depending on satellite geometry at the time of the flight.

I still have to manually adjust to stop it landing in my lake, roof, palm trees or head.

My sense of perspective is often way off so I point the camera down as it lands to see how far off it was from the pad, particularly when my landing spot was rather confined with trees or fence.
Eyeballing it's position I thought it would hit the tree but the camera shot showed I was in the clear.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming