DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Batteries? How many???

Spark = 9 batteries.

MA2 = 3 batteries.

To me 2 batteries is enough. After 2 I don't feel like flying anymore.
Pretty much my thoughts also, but then there's that "what if" thing , that's why I'm going to get one more. Besides, three is how many my case will hold!:cool:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! newbie here, i have a M2P and 1 battery. i am guessing it would be nice to have a second- any real reason to have more??? Seems that you can charge one while your flying. Thoughts????
It really depends on what type flying/capturing you are doing.

When doing weddings, I can get by with 3 battering for the day, since a drone is not the main event at weddings.

Personal cinematography, again, I could get by with 3 batteries and an single battery car charger

Autonomous/Orthomosaic/Point Cloud flights: I have 6 for Mavic 2 Pro and The Phantom 4 Pro V2. This is the workhorse area for drones. Most drone mapping software (Drone Deploy/Pix4D/DJI GS Pro) Will tell you how many batteries you will need once you pre plan your path. (Pix4D is a little tougher to pre plan, but doable). Most these apps over estimate battery usage by one battery but depending on weather conditions you'll need to make adjustments.

If you are just flying for fun I would recommend 2, just in case you wanna have a little extra fun.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! newbie here, i have a M2P and 1 battery. i am guessing it would be nice to have a second- any real reason to have more??? Seems that you can charge one while your flying. Thoughts????
I have 9 batteries for my M2P... and a 60GB SD card for each battery as I change both for each flight... prevents a lot of potential for data loss.