DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Batteries not auto discharging

Billybanana75

Reactions
I don't think my batteries are discharging automatically. I set them to discharge after 5 days, it's been more than 10 days and they're still fully charged, any ideas?
Also they say you should store batteries at 50%, after i fully deplete a battery in flight should I charge it to 50% then charge it completely charge just before the next flight?
Thanks

I don't think my batteries are discharging automatically. I set them to discharge after 5 days, it's been more than 10 days and they're still fully charged, any ideas?...
When you press the battery button it resets the discharge counter. Do you wait six days before checking?

...Also they say you should store batteries at 50%, after i fully deplete a battery in flight should I charge it to 50% then charge it completely charge just before the next flight?
Thanks
You have your batteries set to discharge after five days. I would charge after using so they would be ready if needed within the five day window and let them discharge as programmed if not used. If you think you will fly within 10 days I would reset to the 10 day default. I think it is better on the batteries to hold a charge than to charge, discharge, and charge again in the ten day window. I am not sure about the DJI batteries but most rechargeables have a recharge cycle limit.

I left mine at the default 10 day setting, try to fly every day, and charge after flying. I have been doing this for almost two years now with the original batteries and have not noticed a reduction in flying time. Hitting the rainy season now so flying opportunities are getting spaced further apart.

Good point! I am not sure when I pushed the button to check. I think I waited 6 days though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdleffler