DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Batteries not communicating with controller M2P

offtheback

Reactions
I posted before on this and have had in recent months 6 M2P batteries that will not communicate with the controller.They charge up fine and turn the drone on(not the motors).The message says RTH immediately(only enough left).There is no voltage data in the Go4 app.After experiencing this I updated the firmware as suggested by DJI but that did not solve the battery issue.I have 6 other batteries that work fine.Also when shutting down the defective drone batteries,the battery shuts off with a single press,not the double and the battery light does not blink.Any ideas appreciated.

@offtheback ,my money would be on the BMS ,the batteries ,as you have found out will not allow the drone to function ,unless the BMS and the drone communicate ,so the drone has no way of Knowing what the state of charge is or the individual cell voltages ,as you have other batteries that work fine then for me that eliminates a fault in the drone itself
as an experiment try to connect a load other than the drone to the battery ,use the charge hub and try to charge up one of your devices if it works let the battery run down till the last light starts flashing ,then when it turns off completely ,allow the battery to cool if it feels hot then try and charge it up fully again this may reset the BMS in the battery ,its worth a go in my opinion as the battery is basically a brick in its present state

@offtheback ,my money would be on the BMS ,the batteries ,as you have found out will not allow the drone to function ,unless the BMS and the drone communicate ,so the drone has no way of Knowing what the state of charge is or the individual cell voltages ,as you have other batteries that work fine then for me that eliminates a fault in the drone itself
as an experiment try to connect a load other than the drone to the battery ,use the charge hub and try to charge up one of your devices if it works let the battery run down till the last light starts flashing ,then when it turns off completely ,allow the battery to cool if it feels hot then try and charge it up fully again this may reset the BMS in the battery ,its worth a go in my opinion as the battery is basically a brick in its present state
Thanks for your insight.I tried this with one of the batteries a bit back with the Hanatora charger/discharger but will try again with others.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo