DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Batteries problem

iak_hat

Reactions
Dear friends hi,
I am profesional photographer/photojournalist and I use my drone (mavic air) for aerial photos and video.
Τhe batteries blew, probably from the heat, and without a second thought because I was already in the mountains for a particular shoot, I flew it on without any problems and did the job I have to.
Later I learned that I was very lucky and for that reason this days I went into the process to replace the 3 batteries (IS 16046/IEC 62133).
The problem is that the DJI for the mavic air has stopped producing them.
How can I replace or repair them?
Sincerely thank you, please help me.

Reactions: 4006448
You might check on ebay or search the web in general. If you're a pro then you can, at least, take off the direct cost as a write off, either all at one fell swoop or amortized over a few years. The actual cost to you will be significantly less than retail. Significantly. The tele lens on the Mavic 3 will get you photos that, while not able to be blown up into huge prints, would at the very least be useful in many professional contexts. I find they all need a bit of sharpening but the color grading is almost always excellent. I wish it would shoot raw tele but oh well on that account.

Reactions: 4006448
You might check on ebay or search the web in general. If you're a pro then you can, at least, take off the direct cost as a write off, either all at one fell swoop or amortized over a few years. The actual cost to you will be significantly less than retail. Significantly. The tele lens on the Mavic 3 will get you photos that, while not able to be blown up into huge prints, would at the very least be useful in many professional contexts. I find they all need a bit of sharpening but the color grading is almost always excellent. I wish it would shoot raw tele but oh well on that account.
My friend, thank you for the answer. Everything is a matter of cost, if I had the money at this time I would buy something better. I looked for the batteries on the internet (ebay, amazon, etc) but I didn't find them and they don't exist on the market here in Cyprus. I am looking to find in Greece and in Europe in general.

Best of luck. Frustrating when companies don't support older hardware. Dunno when the mavic air came out but sheesh...not THAT long ago. I can still get batteries for pretty darn old Canon cameras....

Reactions: Jam0ne
Best of luck. Frustrating when companies don't support older hardware. Dunno when the mavic air came out but sheesh...not THAT long ago. I can still get batteries for pretty darn old Canon cameras....
The frustrating thing is that the customers accept this ****** situation and they don't do any complain letting the companies continuing their target which is only profit.
From the moment someone buyed something from a big company, this company should helping and honnored this choise otherwise this company is only sales without values.
I had a chat with the DJI support department and I am waiting for a solution

Reactions: Jam0ne
I bought a lightly used Air 1 as a way to learn drones. I understood that if the batteries failed then I would struggle to find replacements. I took that as an excuse to upgrade.

Dear friends hi,
I am profesional photographer/photojournalist and I use my drone (mavic air) for aerial photos and video.
Τhe batteries blew, probably from the heat, and without a second thought because I was already in the mountains for a particular shoot, I flew it on without any problems and did the job I have to.
Later I learned that I was very lucky and for that reason this days I went into the process to replace the 3 batteries (IS 16046/IEC 62133).
The problem is that the DJI for the mavic air has stopped producing them.
How can I replace or repair them?
Sincerely thank you, please help me.
Hi again from me,
Finally I found 3 batteries from someone had lost his air a year before and the same time the DJI support found batteries to their stock!!
I feel very lucky :)
Thank you again and I really appreciate your comments and help.
Iakovos

Hi again from me,
Finally I found 3 batteries from someone had lost his air a year before and the same time the DJI support found batteries to their stock!!
I feel very lucky :)
Thank you again and I really appreciate your comments and help.
Iakovos
Mavic air batteries are in stock through the DJI store and as long as you in the states you can get them shipped free

The mavic air batteries I ordered from DJI come to Cyprus (Europe) without shipping costs.
Super, sucks I live in South Africa and there is no options to ship here and no local stocks. Also I might be the only 1 but I do not get more than 13mins flight per battery.

Super, sucks I live in South Africa and there is no options to ship here and no local stocks. Also I might be the only 1 but I do not get more than 13mins flight per battery.
You should find someone living in countries were DJI have a shipping destination to receive the batteries for you or (and maybe the better) to contact directly the DJI supporting center.
About the batteries, as far as I know, every battery have a cyrcle of life and a limit so yours in human age must be a grandpa ):

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123