DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Batteries Stockage

Pochi

Reactions
Hi,

I will get a Mavic Mini as my 1st camera drone for Christmas. I am reading the manual as well as watching videos and I am wondering what the truth is regarding batteries stockage :
- The manual says batteries need to be discharge manually after 10 days unused.
- Some people ( I think I heard about this on Drone Valley channel) says that Li-on batteries do not need to be discharged like the Lipo need. They are not subject to wear if stocked fully charged.

So what’s the truth?

Best regards,

Pierre

never store your batteries fully charged ,regardless of the chemistry involved, it will over time limit their useful life cycle

Reactions: THE CYBORG
For Li-Ion if you are planning to store battery - discharge them to around 3.6 for each cell. You may use function in DJI Fly App (tap battery symbol and you will see current voltage).

How does one discharge the batteries? I've been putting a full charge on the Mavic Mini and Mavic Pro 2 batteries every time I put it up. The Mini controller loses some charge over time but the drone batteries are almost always in need of a charge. I don't fly every day or even every week.

In my RC flying days we had a battery cycler that did all of that for us. The Pro 2 is fine. Now that I understand that it discharges itself I won't go through a bi-monthly recharge. The controller holds a charge fine. I've read quite a few times, watched a video, etc that said the mini batteries don't self discharge. Mine do. If they sit for a couple of weeks all three of them need to be charged and the controllers is pretty low. Low enough to recharge it but not as low as the batteries are

IMHO, Recharge batteries used on a given day to about 50%. Let the others do the auto discharge to that level. When you’re going to fly charge the batteries to full.

Reactions: WooZie

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J