DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery’s installation error

Josiah S

Reactions
Hi. I just got back from flying my Mavic air 2. All went as normal until I landed. As soon as I landed it said battery installed incorrectly or something like that. I noticed that if I slightly pull on the battery it says this and when I push it in it goes away. The last thing I want it to do is drop from the sky or almost equally as bad land on the spot.

Hi. I just got back from flying my Mavic air 2. All went as normal until I landed. As soon as I landed it said battery installed incorrectly or something like that. I noticed that if I slightly pull on the battery it says this and when I push it in it goes away. The last thing I want it to do is drop from the sky or almost equally as bad land on the spot.
You will notice on the sides of the battery there are two metal clips. These clips mate with metal tabs on the edge of the battery bay, and when the battery is properly inserted, it creates a closed circuit that basically informers the RC and Fly App that the battery is installed correctly. If the battery’s clips are not properly mating with the inner tabs, and everything is booted and ready to go, you will see this error. IIRC, you will not be able to takeoff when this error is showing, but it will not affect anything in flight - assuming the battery is installed correctly. Make sure your battery is not swollen on the bottom or anywhere else. Make sure the battery clips and inner tabs are clean. Make sure the battery bay itself is free to debris, including the inner connector. It’s OK to use a vacuum on low suction to clean the battery bay. Debris in the battery bay can result in the battery not seating fully, and could cause this error.

You will notice on the sides of the battery there are two metal clips. These clips mate with metal tabs on the edge of the battery bay, and when the battery is properly inserted, it creates a closed circuit that basically informers the RC and Fly App that the battery is installed correctly.

Thanks for the knowledge. ?

I learn something everyday. :)

Reactions: Brockrock
I guess I have something to learn from this posting. I have had the same problem and getting the same battery error message. I will have to check the metal contacts on both the batteries and the drone. I will also check for dirt anywhere inside the cavity of the drone as well. Good posting. Thanks for the help.

I guess I have something to learn from this posting. I have had the same problem and getting the same battery error message. I will have to check the metal contacts on both the batteries and the drone. I will also check for dirt anywhere inside the cavity of the drone as well. Good posting. Thanks for the help.
Hey! It's been awhile since I started this thread. I noticed that my battery that does this is not puffed at all but when I put it into the drone it is wiggly. I have to move it just right in order for me to take off and then i am fine.

Reactions: MA2 317
I notice that when I place the battety in the drone, it is not loose and all three batteries are not swollen. I am kind of thinking that I might bend the metal pins on the battery on each side to force a tighter fit in the drone. What do you think of this idea. Any further comments?

Try it and see if you want to, I would be glad to hear the results.

I was also thinking of lighly sanding the contacts on the battery metal contacts to make a better electrical

No, never sand battery contacts. They have a coating applied to them and you will damage them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mare Ru