DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

battery advice

ninja_geezer

Reactions
This may help a couple of people with the MA2 ,i went to charge my batteries this morning and 1 of them did not even light up when on the charger on its own or with the multi charger that came with the fly more .
the battery would turn on ok though .
what i found out is that it needed its firmware updating via the software on the pc ,after this it worked faultless..
i think i must have updated the aircraft firmware and not all 3 batteries.

Yep I figured that out also when I updated from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2. the batteries all needed to be paired to that same firmware as the fly app

Reactions: ninja_geezer
Sounds weird that the battery wouldn't charge. It's by itself with no influence by the AC when it's charging.
I could see it possibly not power on the AC, though that would seem unlikely.

What could have happened was the battery firmware got corrupted during first update, but was corrected during firmware refresh.

Batteries can't get their firmware updated just sitting there on the table. They have to be in the AC. When the system sees the newly inserted battery has outdated firmware compared to the AC, you get prompted to update the battery firmware, which may appear as inconsistent firmware, needs updating.

Now I have found that mere changing the battery after a full update of RC/AC firmware through the app might not trigger updating the battery. Restart the RC and app as well as the AC for subsequent batteries.

I just got my new intelligent charger which brings the 4 batteries at exact 60% when battery is not to be used for longer période. My question is, do I have to keep the batteries on the charger and power on with blue indicator on ?

No. Just take them off and monitor charge level every 3-4 weeks.
No charger I’m aware of will restart charging.

This may help a couple of people with the MA2 ,i went to charge my batteries this morning and 1 of them did not even light up when on the charger on its own or with the multi charger that came with the fly more .
the battery would turn on ok though .
what i found out is that it needed its firmware updating via the software on the pc ,after this it worked faultless..
i think i must have updated the aircraft firmware and not all 3 batteries.
Doesn't it give you a warning in the app that something needs to be updated?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots