DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

battery air 2

The intelligent batteries do effectively have the "charger" built-in.
You do need the voltage but the intelligence will limit the current.

When converting from one voltage to another, consider watts, as that will be equal on both sides, not accounting for efficiency loss.
For the same amount of watts, when the voltage goes up, the needed current goes down.

There are USB chargers that will put out as much as 20v or more, needed for laptops and the like, but the default will be 5v unless the device being charged negotiates a higher voltage using the data lines. After all, you wouldn't want to push 20v into a device that only accepts 5v.

The intelligent batteries do effectively have the "charger" built-in.
You do need the voltage but the intelligence will limit the current.

When converting from one voltage to another, consider watts, as that will be equal on both sides, not accounting for efficiency loss.
For the same amount of watts, when the voltage goes up, the needed current goes down.

There are USB chargers that will put out as much as 20v or more, needed for laptops and the like, but the default will be 5v unless the device being charged negotiates a higher voltage using the data lines. After all, you wouldn't want to push 20v into a device that only accepts 5v.
Exactly, chargers Q2, Q3 and so on, manage to 'negotiate' the voltage / amperage to supply the device to be charged. I just don't know if this is valid for older devices. Do you know ?
Of course, we always need to see the charger's capabilities depending on the needs of the device to be charged.

Hi, Wow - playing with battery health for such an expensive Hobby. I have enormous respect for these batteries... they are what bring our drones home in one piece.
IMO - This IS an aircraft, and what holds it up is the spinning propellers... without battery power, it's an expensive rock. As an Electronics tech, I have played with batteries and made packs for special purposes that never flew anywhere.
- Flight readiness is crucial. Damaged cells are like water in the AvGas.
Safe flying!

• Love
Reactions: rxlawdude
Reactions: cien952
I have mavic air 2 and use this, if it causes shorter life then so be it, I have no other option available.

These people only attack everything that is not DJi, as if, that of lithium batteries, it was something that only DJI knows how to handle. The charger you use, was probably made by a small company, and sold very cheaply to DJI, who 'rebranded' it, selling it to the public at the scandalous price of EUR 48.24, but then no one will 'attack' you, because it's a ' DJI product '

These people only attack everything that is not DJi, as if, that of lithium batteries, it was something that only DJI knows how to handle. The charger you use, was probably made by a small company, and sold very cheaply to DJI, who 'rebranded' it, selling it to the public at the scandalous price of EUR 48.24, but then no one will 'attack' you, because it's a ' DJI product '
I read reviews on several lower price third-party chargers and am rightfully concerned that cheaper chargers may damage my batteries and controller. For me, it's not worth the risk. I will stick with genuine DJI accessories for my Mavic drone. This car charger does the job without damaging my expensive batteries.

Reactions: rxlawdude
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure