DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery bricked by using charging hub.

Wow! I'm sure glad I saw this thread before I unboxed my new Air 2. I followed the instructions, and it's working perfectly. I have had to update the firmware on each battery in the combo kit on it's first installation and use, so hopefully DJI is fixing the problem - maybe?

So the battery gets bricked if its first charge out the box is done via the multi battery hub?

That's interesting, as I just watched an unboxing with a guy that just charged his batteries in the hub right away and they weren't affected. I'm thinking maybe it's not a 100% case scenario we're dealing with...

If it was unboxing of the drone from newer batch probably DJI already fixed it with updated firmware, who knows.
It's defenitely firmware bug which makes headache for both DJI and customers so they wish to patch it asap.

If it was unboxing of the drone from newer batch probably DJI already fixed it with updated firmware, who knows.
It's defenitely firmware bug which makes headache for both DJI and customers so they wish to patch it asap.
It was a recent video, I think from yesterday or Wednesday. He updated the firmware and he charged the batteries in the hub. He did have connection issues with the app, but he figured out that reinstalling the app fixes the issue.

DJI has shipped me a new replacement battery. Should be here mid next week.

Just read this string of posts. I am now glad that I bought A1 class used product from a UK supplier, along with an extra 2 A1 class used batteries in a pack. No issues with battery charging. I can't imagine why no info present at new as there are so many stickers on a new product anyway. A simple sticker with the warning in BRIGHT RED could easily solve this.

So the battery gets bricked if its first charge out the box is done via the multi battery hub?

That's interesting, as I just watched an unboxing with a guy that just charged his batteries in the hub right away and they weren't affected. I'm thinking maybe it's not a 100% case scenario we're dealing with...

It's a rare occurrence as many people (including me) charged some or all of our batteries from the hub. I got my 2 days before release day, so not a newer batch. Seems to be only if the battery is in complete hibernate mode you might have the problem. If the battery is "awake" all is good.

Yes that is correct as others have said. it has to do with the Activation of the battery and using the Single Charge battery charger is the only way to activate or you will brick them using the 3 /pc battery charger.

Others have said that it is hit or miss but I dont think it is , if that battery is dead on arrival you have got to follow these single charge instruction to activate or brick yourself .
If you look at the dji tutorial about charging the battery it shows the young lady putting battery in the hub charger
How many have watched it and done the same.
Thankfully I did 1 at a time

Just recieved a MA2 combo and all my batteries had 2 lights. I charged them on the dock and activated all 3 without issue.

Drone was purchased directly from DJI and shipped on the 18th. Maybe they've fixed this with the most recent batch.

Right, received fly more MA2 today
  1. Unpacked
  2. Took the battery in the drone out
  3. Took the other two batteries out the packaging
  4. Plugged the mains 3 pin plug to the block and the block to the 3 charger system
  5. Took all 3 batteries and stuck them on charge
  6. Noticed only one was flashing

Baffled why they weren’t all charging at the same time so first point of call was this forum.
Read the comments above and now confused if I should have not plugged them all onto the 3 charger. Have I already damaged something? I have since taken them all off charge and charging the one that came on the drone first on the single charger.
You’d think this was all straightforward considering I’m a newbie this is far from it!

Right, received fly more MA2 today
  1. Unpacked
  2. Took the battery in the drone out
  3. Took the other two batteries out the packaging
  4. Plugged the mains 3 pin plug to the block and the block to the 3 charger system
  5. Took all 3 batteries and stuck them on charge
  6. Noticed only one was flashing

Baffled why they weren’t all charging at the same time so first point of call was this forum.
Read the comments above and now confused if I should have not plugged them all onto the 3 charger. Have I already damaged something? I have since taken them all off charge and charging the one that came on the drone first on the single charger.
You’d think this was all straightforward considering I’m a newbie this is far from it!
the charging hub would only charged one battery at a time

@mosh DJI are sending the batteries for the MA2,in a different charged state as the drones before were sent, and it seems that to wake them up to take on a charge the first time you need to use the charger and do them one at a time, after you have done that then you can use the hub to charge them ,the hub senses which battery has the most charge left in it and charges that one first, then it moves to the next one and so on,it only ever charges one battery at at time regardless of how many are in the hub

@mosh DJI are sending the batteries for the MA2,in a different charged state as the drones before were sent, and it seems that to wake them up to take on a charge the first time you need to use the charger and do them one at a time, after you have done that then you can use the hub to charge them ,the hub senses which battery has the most charge left in it and charges that one first, then it moves to the next one and so on,it only ever charges one battery at at time regardless of how many are in the hub
@old man mavic does this mean the method I first used from the box which is plugging all 3 in at once has knackered the battery? What does this now mean for me? What is the resolution?

Reactions: old man mavic
@old man mavic does this mean the method I first used from the box which is plugging all 3 in at once has knackered the battery? What does this now mean for me? What is the resolution?
is it taking on a charge now if it is you are ok if it does not charge then contact DJI and they will organise a replacement ,that is what others have done

is it taking on a charge now if it is you are ok if it does not charge then contact DJI and they will organise a replacement ,that is what others have done
@old man mavic i have since had it on single battery charge for the past 2hrs or more and it’s still green indicators going in circles. How would I know it’s taking charge?

@old man mavic i have since had it on single batter charge for the past 1hr or more and it’s still green indicators going in circles. How does this compare to those that have charged on the 3 charging block and been fine?
i do not have a MA2 myself but it seems that if the lights are continuing to flash you should be ok ,if you stop the charger unplug it and see how many lights come on compared to the number of light it had when you recieved it you will be able to tell if its charging just do the quick press and see what,lights come on

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rle