DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery bricked by using charging hub.

i do not have a MA2 myself but it seems that if the lights are continuing to flash you should be ok ,if you stop the charger unplug it and see how many lights come on compared to the number of light it had when you recieved it you will be able to tell if its charging just do the quick press and see what,lights come on
I didn’t press any buttons when I first unboxed. I literally took all the batteries out and stuck them on charge at once and only one was flashing as I believe the multi charger only charges one at a time. As mentioned I am now charging single battery at a time. 2 out of 3 batteries are showing green indicators going round Up to the 4 lights. When I unplug them and press the button one shows full 4 lights steady and the other shows 3 lights steady with one flashing. The 3rd battery plugged in is showing 2 lights flashing one after another and when unplugged it is showing one light steady one light flashing.
Hope that makes sense

Reactions: old man mavic
@mosh what you could do is try another battery and see how the lights flash as you charge it ,just one thing please dont leave batteries charging unatended or all night while you sleep

@mosh what you could do is try another battery and see how the lights flash as you charge it ,just one thing please dont leave batteries charging unatended or all night while you sleep
One no longer lights up on charge and unplugged shows 4 steady lights. Anyway I can share videos on here? Would be much easier

I didn’t press any buttons when I first unboxed. I literally took all the batteries out and stuck them on charge at once and only one was flashing as I believe the multi charger only charges one at a time. As mentioned I am now charging single battery at a time. 2 out of 3 batteries are showing green indicators going round Up to the 4 lights. When I unplug them and press the button one shows full 4 lights steady and the other shows 3 lights steady with one flashing. The 3rd battery plugged in is showing 2 lights flashing one after another and when unplugged it is showing one light steady one light flashing.
Hope that makes sense
it looks like you might be ok ,when you charge them after the are fully charged then they will stop charging and will show 4 solid lights when you give the button a quick press,each light equates to 25% percent charge
you need to leave them on charge till the lights go off that shows they are done,after the charging cycle is nearly done, then it goes into balance mode to make sure all the cells are equal and this can take a little time

what you will need to do is number your batteries before you use them so you know which is which, and you will find that as they get a few cycles in them that their performance will improve ,treat them gently for the first few flights and they will last longer

Reactions: mosh
it looks like you might be ok ,when you charge them after the are fully charged then they will stop charging and will show 4 solid lights when you give the button a quick press,each light equates to 25% percent charge
you need to leave them on charge till the lights go off that shows they are done,after the charging cycle is nearly done, then it goes into balance mode to make sure all the cells are equal and this can take a little time
I was just concerned as it looks like I made the error of charging all 3 for the first time together on the multi charger without starting the drone up. Seen all these “bricked” comments so thought I was screwed! I’m hoping I’m not. Really can’t be asked with returns during Covid. I agree there should be some form of sign/paper advising not to multi charge for first use.

what you will need to do is number your batteries before you use them so you know which is which, and you will find that as they get a few cycles in them that their performance will improve ,treat them gently for the first few flights and they will last longer
Appreciate your advice. Im up for a little longer so will see what batteries look like before going bed. Will disconnect and continue morning if need be.

Here’s a direct quote from the user manual (which I highly recommend you download from the DJI website)

Charging the Battery
Fully charge the Intelligent Flight Battery before every flight using the provided DJI charger.
1. Connect the AC power adapter to an AC power supply (100-240 V, 50/60 Hz).
2. Attach the Intelligent Flight Battery to the AC power adapter using the battery charging cable with the battery
powered off.
3. The battery level LEDs display the current battery level during charging.
4. The Intelligent Flight Battery is fully charged when all the battery level LEDs are off. Detach the charger when the battery is fully charged.

Anyone notice their batteries depleting while they sit. I've noticed a fully charged battery is about 70% after a couple days.
Yes you shouldn't let your fully charged battery sit for more than a day so maybe that's a good thing this is how batteries swell up or go to ****....so don't leave your battery fully charged for days....and only charge them when you go out to fly

Here’s a direct quote from the user manual (which I highly recommend you download from the DJI website)

Charging the Battery
Fully charge the Intelligent Flight Battery before every flight using the provided DJI charger.
1. Connect the AC power adapter to an AC power supply (100-240 V, 50/60 Hz).
2. Attach the Intelligent Flight Battery to the AC power adapter using the battery charging cable with the battery
powered off.
3. The battery level LEDs display the current battery level during charging.
4. The Intelligent Flight Battery is fully charged when all the battery level LEDs are off. Detach the charger when the battery is fully charged.
I take it this isn’t through the multi charger? Last night I did 2 of them 1 by 1 and and eventually lights stop showing. Today I am now charging the final battery which almost looks charged. I was just concerned because the first charge I did was all 3 on the multi charger which was for about 30 mins or more

I take it this isn’t through the multi charger? Last night I did 2 of them 1 by 1 and and eventually lights stop showing. Today I am now charging the final battery which almost looks charged. I was just concerned because the first charge I did was all 3 on the multi charger which was for about 30 mins or more
The multi charger is ok to use after the initial single battery charging has been completed.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kueaue