DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery care and replacement

fpvaddict

Reactions
Just curious as to how often you would consider purchasing a new battery. As we all know batteries aren't cheap, so what are some ways you identify when the cells in a battery are no longer holding a charge, and what are some good precautions to take to extend the life of your battery?

Just curious as to how often you would consider purchasing a new battery. As we all know batteries aren't cheap, so what are some ways you identify when the cells in a battery are no longer holding a charge, and what are some good precautions to take to extend the life of your battery?
keep them out of direct sunlight heat is a killer of batteries
store them around 50 to 65% charge if not being used
dont store them at a very low charge for long periods
only charge them when they have cooled down after use ,and only if you intend to fly very soon after
be very careful not to short them out and keep the connections clean
if you see any signs of swelling or leakage during use dispose of them safely

with multiple batteries it is important to number them so you can keep track of usage

keep them out of direct sunlight heat is a killer of batteries
store them around 50 to 65% charge if not being used
dont store them at a very low charge for long periods
only charge them when they have cooled down after use ,and only if you intend to fly very soon after
be very careful not to short them out and keep the connections clean
if you see any signs of swelling or leakage during use dispose of them safely

How long after flight should you wait to recharge? Or is there a specific temp. that it should be cooled to and a way to check how hot the battery is?

For instance I just flew and it still has 60% battery left. I would like to fly again in a few hours. The battery has been sitting at room temp. for about 10 minutes and is not hot or even warm to the touch. Would it be safe to go ahead and recharge to 100% now? Sorry for all the questions, newbie DJI owner here!

Reactions: old man mavic
How long after flight should you wait to recharge? Or is there a specific temp. that it should be cooled to and a way to check how hot the battery is?

For instance I just flew and it still has 60% battery left. I would like to fly again in a few hours. The battery has been sitting at room temp. for about 10 minutes and is not hot or even warm to the touch. Would it be safe to go ahead and recharge to 100% now? Sorry for all the questions, newbie DJI owner here!
yes if you intend to fly soon room temp is fine

Reactions: fpvaddict
How do you track your batteries? Do you have a spreadsheet or do you use something like AirData?
i have airdata but the charge info is also available in the app gives number of charges etc

The above directive will make your batteries lat a very long time. As for me, who is counting ?, I always use them until they can't hold a charge. You will get a good feel for it as you are using your Mini.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman