DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Causing Compass Issue

Cyclist922

Reactions
I stopped a flight to change a battery. When I attempted to take off after the change I received a message to calibrate the gps. I tried a couple of times but still received errors. Finally I gave up, shut it off, and pulled the battery. I reinstalled the same battery and everything worked fine.

Has anyone here had a similar issue?

Thanks,
Rod

Did you mean to say “compass” ?
I don’t think you have a way to calibrate the gps.

Reactions: Skyflyer129
I’ve not seen anything like what you describe. Very odd.
If it persists, let us know.

I stopped a flight to change a battery. When I attempted to take off after the change I received a message to calibrate the gps. I tried a couple of times but still received errors. Finally I gave up, shut it off, and pulled the battery. I reinstalled the same battery and everything worked fine.

Has anyone here had a similar issue?
It's unlikely that removing and reinstalling a battery would get rid of a compass error.
Did you place the drone in exactly the same place after replacing the battery?
Or just somewhere close to the original location?

The Mavic Air is very sensitive to magnetic interference. I posted on a UK forum Mavic Air compass magnetic interference on the effect of wearing an Apple watch. Others provide similar stories and on the Mavic Pilots forum there is a post detailing issue with wearing cold weather gloves with metallic press studs for folding finger ends having problems similar to yours.

Be very careful where you take off from (not near cars or some tables which may have metal or certain concrete types etc. etc.) and test what you are wearing. Almost certainly you were near something or wearing something which wasn't present when you first took off. Just a matter of puzzling what it was to avoid it next time.

• Haha
Reactions: lee82gx
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78