DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery charging over 8 hours

Frylikebird

Reactions
Flymore Combo. When charging through m3 it's ok. When using the hub it's still charging one of batteries inserted.

@Frylikebird not quite sure what your problem is ,but the hub only charges one battery at a time even if there are three in it ,it normally starts with the battery that has the most charge left ,and after that is fully charged, then moves onto the next battery and so on till all of them are charged

Reactions: WDKZoom and db4476
@Frylikebird not quite sure what your problem is ,but the hub only charges one battery at a time even if there are three in it ,it normally starts with the battery that has the most charge left ,and after that is fully charged, then moves onto the next battery and so on till all of them are charged
I only put in 1 brandnew battery into the hub and it's been well over 9hrs now, 2 lights on the battery charging. I'm trying to figure this out for an old friend and it's very frustrating. The controller charged up fine within 2hrs.

ok as i dont own a Mavic 3 maybe either the battery is faulty or the hub is ,i know there was an issue with the Air two batteries being charged in the hub for the first time ,which i believe has been fixed now ,when i got my Mini 3 recently ,remembering those issues i put each individual battery into the drone first and woke them up by charging them to 25% then after i had done all three i put them in the hub and they all charged up fine

I only put in 1 brandnew battery into the hub and it's been well over 9hrs now, 2 lights on the battery charging. I'm trying to figure this out for an old friend and it's very frustrating. The controller charged up fine within 2hrs.
Make sure you use the right connector from the power plug. I made the mistake myself and used the wrong one ... you need to use the cable that is permanently connected to the power plug!

Make sure you use the right connector from the power plug. I made the mistake myself and used the wrong one ... you need to use the cable that is permanently connected to the power plug!
😲 😳 😲 Wow let me thankyou so much from the buttom of my heart!!! It worked. F ing DJI can't even put this in the instructions booklet!!! What's so wrong is that DJI customer rep told us to send the hub and the batteries back.

I had this issue when I first got my M3 and I soon realised that I had the controller charging cable that plugs into the USB on the plug connected the battery charging dock. Make sure the cable that is hard wired into the plug is connected to battery charging dock and only use the USB one for the controller. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Frylikebird
You're welcome! And yes, given the fact that you and me are not the only ones falling into this trap (the other provided charging cable, the one that gets plugged into the power brick, is actually thicker, so I thought this must be the one carrying more ooomph ...), the instructions should be clearer, some label on the cable should do the trick. Glad your problem is resolved.

Does the M3 charging hub not have the “Storage mode” switch so you can Discharge batteries to storage level?
The hub I have for my phantom four pro does this. But I don’t see it in the description for the DJI Mavic 3 hub

There's no discharge setting for the Mavic 3 batteries. The battery will discharge to 96% after 3 days of inactivity and to 60% after 9 days. Be advised that pressing its button will reset this timer.

Thx- but I was asking if the 3 battery charging hub has a discharge setting so I wouldn't need to wait 9 days for it to reach 60%. Again, the P4P hub has this setting

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 12.04.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 12.04.16 PM.png
    762.6 KB · Views: 4
The charging hub for the Mavic 3 does not have any settings, same as the one for Mavic 2. It just charges the batteries one at the time, starting with the one that is charged more than the others.

Is it possible that maybe you could go ahead and slide it in the M3 and just turn it on, not fly it, and check the battery stats and health and also its possible there might be an update..?

Is it possible that maybe you could go ahead and slide it in the M3 and just turn it on, not fly it, and check the battery stats and health and also its possible there might be an update..?
Not sure if you’re replying to me. Just got mine today. Bought it from another flier. I think he’d only done a few test flights back in June when he bought it. Looks completely new. Except he forgot to put in the charger & cables.
I was trying to change it via a USB-A to USB-C cable on a 2amp brick. 3 hours later first battery not 75%. Oy!

So I plugged my MacBook Pro charger into the cradle & went out to dinner. Hopfully things will be misty charged when I get back.
He’s sending me the charger & cables…

Update- when I got home from dinner, all 3 batteries charged. It was the same problem as the OP. At first I was trying to charge them with an iPad charging brick. Not anywhere close to enough juice.
The 100w MacBook Pro charger did it.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
I will repeat here that the Mavic 3 uses the USB-PD (power delivery) standard. Any charger you use has to be USB-PD.

As to the discharging of the batteries, there is no setting any more, neither in the fly app, nor in the hub. There was one such setting in the old go4 app used with the Mavic 2 that allowed the user to choose how the batteries discharge, but not in the fly app which is required by newer dji drones. At least since the Mavic 2 the batteries themselves start to discharge at a specified amount of time so that they do not get damaged.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki