DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Charging?

Badgersurfer

Reactions
As my batteries are set to discharge every 3 days I have to keep check regularly to view their level. As I am a DroneSAR volunteer I may get a request t any time. What I would like to know is whether it is OK to leave the batteries permanently on charge on the 4 battery hub? That way i know they are always fully charged if required.

Leaving the batteries on the charger will not continuously charge them. They will take their initial charge to full, and if they are then left on the charger, they will enter trickle down based on their setting - which you have set to three days. They will then only recharge after you remove them and place them back on the charger, or after you unplug the charger brick and allow it to power down.

As suggested by @Starz, your best bet is the power button workaround which resets the trickle down timer. Alternatively, you could get a third party charger that allows charging multiple batteries simultaneous which would significantly reduce your response time.

They will then only recharge after you remove them and place them back on the charger, or after you unplug the charger brick
Would never had guessed that. I would have thought they would discharge a certain amount and then charged back up again. Good to know, guess they really are smart batteries.

Reactions: Badgersurfer
I didn't know they wouldn't automatically recharge. I consistently rotate the batteries, as I have 4 batteries and 2 DJI chargers. This does help reduce the time needed to recharge them all. Useful information you have given me here... Thank you...

Reactions: Otisangb
I didn't know they wouldn't automatically recharge. I consistently rotate the batteries, as I have 4 batteries and 2 DJI chargers. This does help reduce the time needed to recharge them all. Useful information you have given me here... Thank you...
No,
It actually makes a lot of sense doing what you said it did before by shutting down the charger. This way it doesn't short cycle charge the batteries everytime it discharges. Easy enough to check I guess but like you said rotating is a better idea anyways.

Reactions: Emanáku
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair