DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Charging

Welsh pilot

Reactions
When charging the Mavic Batt.
If the power gets interrupted and placed on charge again
Will this in essence show another charge cycle to it when you look at number of charges to the battery when you view it in your pc.
Also the same question if you charge all your batteries but don’t end up flying for a few weeks where they will have started to discharge anyway.
If the above is correct you could have a brand new battery never actually used in flight but because it’s charged and recharged simply to keep it topped up may show as being used on the pc?

Will this in essence show another charge cycle
No. That count is only incremented when the battery is charged from 0% to 100%. So, if you charge from 50% to 100% two times, the count will increment by one.

No. That count is only incremented when the battery is charged from 0% to 100%. So, if you charge from 50% to 100% two times, the count will increment by one.

Thanks for the quick reply
But I never charge from 0% because my Mavic always lands on just under 25% battery
Where the batts will be ready for another full charge when I’m ready

Reactions: BigAl07
But I never charge from 0% because my Mavic always lands on just under 25% battery
Right -- nobody does.

The point I was trying to make is the count does not increment until the battery has been charged 100%. Charging it 75% (from 25% to 100%) is not enough to increment the count. You'd need to charge it again at least 25% more to make the count increment.

I don't know the actual formula the software uses to calculate "Charge Cycles" but I've only had partial charges many times and they do not each count as a charge. WE would have to know the formula to know the specifics but I can tell you 100% that my batteries have significantly more "mini charges" and full charges than the Charge Cycles indicate.

I don't know the actual formula the software uses to calculate "Charge Cycles" but I've only had partial charges many times and they do not each count as a charge. WE would have to know the formula to know the specifics but I can tell you 100% that my batteries have significantly more "mini charges" and full charges than the Charge Cycles indicate.

Thank you Big

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada