DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Deviations on Cell 3

mackt83

Reactions
Will someone take a look at this for me. I have wrote DJI due it being under warranty. Anyone else have any issues like this. This is what they replied with, quite the request. Also, this battery purchase date was May of this year. So less than a month old to me.

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We understand how you feel and we will do all that what we can to help provide you with the best possible solution. We do provide warranty replacements for our battery and you can access this link for reference: After-Sales Service Policies - DJI.

For now, please do the following to troubleshoot:
1. Un-plug and re-plug the charger to check if there is a change.
2. Try plugging into another power outlet.
3. If applicable check if the charger can charge the remote.
4. If applicable check if your other batteries can charger perfectly fine with the charger.
5. Please check if there are any leak or if the battery is swollen.

If after checking and the issue persist, please provide me with the following information (listed below) so that I can create a case. However note that the battery's warranty period is 6 months, so please make sure your battery is still under warranty.

• Complete Shipping Address:
• Proof of purchase (reply the email with it)
• Fault:
• Video showing the issue:
• Troubleshooting steps you have tried:
• Photos of the battery, including the Serial number
• Screen shot of the battery info, from the DJI GO app (if you still can power on your unit with the battery)

Attachments

• Airdata Screenshot of Battery.jpg
    Airdata Screenshot of Battery.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 96
  • Battery In Flight Screenshot.jpg
    Battery In Flight Screenshot.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Sounds reasonable. They want to be sure the problem is not with the charger.

I am not sure what kind of video they want about a battery problem...perhaps one showing a good battery info display, then change to the faulty battery, then show the display again?

I've got a spark battery that does that under load. I've seen it vary 0.15v between cell 2 and 3. The BS live-chat guy think its perfectly normal. Battery is past the 6month warranty.

Oddly enough though I've flown over 100 cycles on it, been able to ascertain it was like that since beginning, no complains in the Go4 app and it seems to fly just as long as the other batteries, so no discernible difference in performance other than dipping by upto 0.15v under load.

I've got a spark battery that does that under load. I've seen it vary 0.15v between cell 2 and 3. The BS live-chat guy think its perfectly normal. Battery is past the 6month warranty.

Oddly enough though I've flown over 100 cycles on it, been able to ascertain it was like that since beginning, no complains in the Go4 app and it seems to fly just as long as the other batteries, so no discernible difference in performance other than dipping by upto 0.15v under load.

Interesting. DJI issued me a return label due to it being a month old. So they didn’t think it was normal, nor do I. That clearly shows signs of degrading. If cell 3 were to suddenly stop producing voltage my power would obviously be cut by a third. Not a good look if I’m a ways out. And not all too unrealistic.

Have you looked at airdata.com on your spark?

Have you looked at airdata.com on your spark?
Yep thats how I was able to ascertain it was like that from first cycle. It charges up so voltage is level @ 4.28-4.30v like the rest just under load it drops more than the other two cells.

upload_2018-6-4_21-37-31.png

Its had over 100 cycles on it now. It hasn't degraded over time, its been like that from the beginning. I also pretty much fly it in sports mode most of the time, so I am pretty harsh on it at that.

Guess the question is - how much is considered abnormal - and if it were bad, why hasn't the app said anything? At what point or threshold does DJI consider the cell faulty?

Im Having the same issue with my battery. Its less than a day old! Is this normal?
I have flown 3 flights with this battery and each time the Deviation is high on Cell #3.
Bought at Best Buy.
Any help is appreciated.

Voltage:
Cell#1: 4.121
Cell#2: 4.09
Cell#3: 4.077

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 10.46.23 PM.png

Im Having the same issue with my battery. Its less than a day old! Is this normal?
I have flown 3 flights with this battery and each time the Deviation is high on Cell #3.
Bought at Best Buy.
Any help is appreciated.

Voltage:
Cell#1: 4.121
Cell#2: 4.09
Cell#3: 4.077

View attachment 39448
I don’t see any major deviations. You’re ok.

Read your screenshot under minor deviations.

Oh I have... What confused me were the gauge readings. After attempting to calculate my own Variance & St. Deviation I realized the gauges are read as “mV.” So now it makes sense.
If I continue to see larger Minor Dev’s in this Battery, I will deep discharge it in hopes a calibration will fix it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000