DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery did not idle discharge after 6 day in storage

cg.

Reactions
I bought my MA2 about 3 weeks ago and I've been flying it on the weekends. This week though it was raining almost all day and I couldn't fly it. I still have 1 battery that I charged to full from last week and did not get to fly.
So, today I went to check it's charge capacity. What I found is that it did not self discharge to 60% although it has been idle for more than 5 days as per the manual. It is showing full capacity with 4 lights on. I installed it on the drone and there's 95 percent left. I put it on the table and spun it, seemed to have swelled although not much. The battery was in the bag, not installed on the MA2, and I am sure there is nothing that would cause the power button to be pushed and reset the self discharge timer as the bag is stored inside a dry box. I get that I should not leave batteries on full charge, but I have only been charging it the night before a flight and this one battery I did not get the chance to use. Can anyone help me figure out why it did not discharge itself?

The other battery that is also not installed on the drone still has 65 percent charge from the last week flight and not discharged to 60 percent, I guess that's close enough but it could also mean that both did not self discharge.

The discharge delay for each individual battery may be user-settable in the App, if so check the setting for this battery when it is powering the drone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Install the battery and refresh the drone firmware. It should reset the battery firmware as well. If this doesn’t work, the circuitry may be damaged and you will need to fly the battery to storage level.
Some aftermarket batteries do not have self discharge capability. If you bought used might check.

I think that I read somewhere that if you push the status button (one momentary push) that it resets (starts over) the 6 day countdown.

Reactions: Capt KO
I think that I read somewhere that if you push the status button (one momentary push) that it resets (starts over) the 6 day countdown.
Correct, pushing power button resets discharge countdown. I use it occasionally on purpose if flying soon.

Reactions: eEridani
I fly at least once a week & compulsively :) hit the status button enough that my batteries are 95+% when I go flying.
I also want to try to investigate that actual effect on the lifespan of the batteries when you keep them toped off.
Or maybe I should just make checking the batteries part of my "day before" checklist.

Correct, pushing power button resets discharge countdown. I use it occasionally on purpose if flying soon.
That explains my recent week long "Why aren't the batteries discharging?" conundrum. I thought it was a bug or perhaps due to installing the bats in the drone and checking actual levels every few days waiting for the snow to clear.

That explains my recent week long "Why aren't the batteries discharging?" conundrum. I thought it was a bug or perhaps due to installing the bats in the drone and checking actual levels every few days waiting for the snow to clear.
I bought my MA2 about 3 weeks ago and I've been flying it on the weekends. This week though it was raining almost all day and I couldn't fly it. I still have 1 battery that I charged to full from last week and did not get to fly.
So, today I went to check it's charge capacity. What I found is that it did not self discharge to 60% although it has been idle for more than 5 days as per the manual. It is showing full capacity with 4 lights on. I installed it on the drone and there's 95 percent left. I put it on the table and spun it, seemed to have swelled although not much. The battery was in the bag, not installed on the MA2, and I am sure there is nothing that would cause the power button to be pushed and reset the self discharge timer as the bag is stored inside a dry box. I get that I should not leave batteries on full charge, but I have only been charging it the night before a flight and this one battery I did not get the chance to use. Can anyone help me figure out why it did not discharge itself?

The other battery that is also not installed on the drone still has 65 percent charge from the last week flight and not discharged to 60 percent, I guess that's close enough but it could also mean that both did not self discharge.
Hi
I do own a mavic air 2 from 1 year,
Recently i hv kept my battery and drone idle for more than a week and there is no discharge. I also noticed battery started to puff a little bit.

Hi
I do own a mavic air 2 from 1 year,
Recently i hv kept my battery and drone idle for more than a week and there is no discharge. I also noticed battery started to puff a little bit.
The discharge timer has been extended to 9 days, and if you press the button on the battery, it will reset the timer. Very annoying! I would prefer if they would set the timer to something like 4 days... 9 days is way too much.

The discharge timer has been extended to 9 days, and if you press the button on the battery, it will reset the timer. Very annoying! I would prefer if they would set the timer to something like 4 days... 9 days is way too much.
Oh ty👍

Glad I found this post, I checked today and two of mine still have 4 lights, guess I should keep $#@& skinners off them.....

Reactions: Rchawks
Use your power bank option on the hub if you have one to bring the charge down, at least that's what I do. No puffing. I've had my MA2 for about year and a half.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580