DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Discharge

ECI Air

Reactions
Was talking with a friend about batteries and told him in a user manual for the Air2s It said to discharge the battery completely after 20 Charges. Has anybody seen and done this?

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Never heard that one. And you should avoid completely discharging your battery. And if you do NEVER store it like that. Best to store them at around 50%

Reactions: chiangmaicharlies
Was talking with a friend about batteries and told him in a user manual for the Air2s It said to discharge the battery completely after 20 Charges. Has anybody seen and done this?
Are those lipos? I wouldn't ever totally drain them. Just as well, I wouldn't ever store them at 100%, either.

Saying that, hard to argue the manual. lol

Are you sure you read that?!

Ask for the page number in the manual then ask how the manual instructs to discharge the batteries.

I can't see that anywhere in the user manual.

DJI recommends fully charging the battery at least every three months if it is not used. They also recommend discharging the battery to around 10% every once in a while, but not store it with such low voltage. It can over-discharge and either be damaged, or enter hibernation mode.

My battery routine if I do not fly for a while:
Charge the batteries to 100%, let them rest until next day, discharge them to around 10%, let them rest for a few hours, charge to 60% and then store them.

I can't see that anywhere in the user manual.

DJI recommends fully charging the battery at least every three months if it is not used. They also recommend discharging the battery to around 10% every once in a while, but not store it with such low voltage. It can over-discharge and either be damaged, or enter hibernation mode.

My battery routine if I do not fly for a while:
Charge the batteries to 100%, let them rest until next day, discharge them to around 10%, let them rest for a few hours, charge to 60% and then store them.
I wasn't sure, that is why I asked the question. Thank you

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
NO dont do that ,i have been flying dji stuff many years but never drained any battery to 0
i had a toy drone in the beginning and drained a battery by losing two for a month or two ,those batteries never worked again

NO dont do that ,i have been flying dji stuff many years but never drained any battery to 0
i had a toy drone in the beginning and drained a battery by losing two for a month or two ,those batteries never worked again
DJI batteries have a protection against over discharging, I guess your toy drone battery did not have that.
I have a Hanatora discharger that I use to charge/discharge batteries when I won't be flying for a while. It discharges the battery until the "intelligent" circuits in the battery stops the discharging before it causes any harm.
The important thing is to NOT store the battery with such a low voltage, that will destroy the battery after a while.

Reactions: Anthony Ivory
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661