DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Efficiency : Sport Mode vs P (GPS Mode)

However we operate in the real world with wind, terrain weather. I suspect most around here are far more interested in operational efficiency. How to operate the the mavic in the most efficient manner in the environmental conditions in which we are flying. This is what @FlyGuy8675309 is alluding to. I am sure you are well aware that aviators commonly endeavour to reduce exposure to headwinds and increase time in tailwinds to increase the efficiency of their operation. Doing so reduces air miles flown and increasing the efficiency of the operation. Mavic is really no different. You can even chose to fly it at a power setting if you wish, to fly at a given airspeed, rather then a GPS ground speed.

I see it as really an issue of semantics. So a Question:

Could you be persuaded that the operational efficiency might be a more useful real world measure?
Persuaded? Not necessary. As I've alluded to in several of these posts a holistic approach is the only thing practical -- i.e. operational efficiency -- but the discussion was about the most efficient speed.

Are we talking about overall operational efficiency now? If so, I have plenty to say on that too :) :)

Back to the topic at hand, I still haven't seen anything posted -- by you as well -- altering anything I've said trying to answer the question, what is the most efficient speed to fly at? What indicated speed, in this practical situation of flying with DJI GO4, will yield the greatest distance traveled?

I've tried to answer that question as accurately, usefully, and meaningfully as possible. Do you dispute anything I've said? Do you have a different explanation, that yields some sort of speed value we can monitor, that will give greater travel distance for remaining battery than I've offered?

If we want to have a discussion of overall operational efficiency, I think that would be a really good thing to do. Far too many new owners don't have any idea what sort of planning is really helpful to, well, make sure you get your bird back. Or what do you do "on the fly" when you find the wind conditions, for example, differ from what you had planned.

But that's not what we were talking about, I thought. The question was much simpler than that, and I've tried to explain, starting simply, why it can't really be handled with a simple answer like, "25".

For that some juvenile felt it necessary to toss some insults.

Battery Efficiency for distance = 42 km/h - 52 km/h, I prefer flight on 44 km/h, (Flight under 10A). if no wind 7km (total 14km) no problem. 21 minutes fly time with 15% power on landing.
Battery Efficiency for durability = 25 km/h non-stop, no hovering & keep moving. (27 minutes if no wind).
Sport mode = kill your battery (keep flying with high current will kill battery lifespan). Burn your battery..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottLoucks