DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Issue - Two green lights (Solved)

excalibur1814

Reactions
For some odd reason, one of my batteries has suddenly decided to just show two green lights (the middle two). Either in the charging dock, or the drone, still two green lights. The battery when in the drone, changes the two front lights to red.

I've downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, plugged it in and... nothing. No notification to update battery firmware etc.

Could someone please help?

Thanks.

SOLVED!
I suppose it helps that you install the correct version of the Assistant software AND realise that the company firewall stops the download of certain DJI updates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Hello

First time post and the Mavic Pro 1 battery here shows the same two middle LEDs lit up green and static. Connecting the drone to the PC (and correct Assistant) shows nothing. The two LEDs remain green when connected to the Pro

I have the standard charger that came in the box so I can't interrogate the battery separately.

I assume despite charging for some 16 hours the battery does not power up the Mavic to talk to the assistant.

It is the only battery I have so is there a fix or should I buy a second cell ?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I've managed to cut away a section from the front of the battery cover that has exposed the battery terminals. Disconnecting the central connector to the electronics and putting a meter to each of the cells shows the central li-po unit at approximately 0.5V. The outer two are stable at just over 3V.

I might have a go at restarting the flat one using the charger used for a model rally car.

Question - I assume the two static LEDs is indicative of cell 2 being duff (or at least depleted), with other static indicators, 1-2 or 3-4 diagnosing the other cells, or is that wishful thinking ?

Last edited:
I've managed to cut away a section from the front of the battery cover that has exposed the battery terminals. Disconnecting the central connector to the electronics and putting a meter to each of the cells shows the central li-po unit at approximately 0.5V. The outer two are stable at just over 3V.

I might have a go at restarting the flat one using the charger used for a model rally car.

Question - I assume the two static LEDs is indicative of cell 2 being duff (or at least depleted), with other static indicators, 1-2 or 3-4 diagnosing the other cells, or is that wishful thinking ?

Yes, the BMS has correctly determined this pack is toast. Properly discard and replace it.

It is dangerous to charge that cell at 0.5V. Don't try. That's why the technology is stopping you. Don't bypass it, as you've suggested.

I currently have the outer two green lights that are on while charging. Anyone know what that means?

Nothing good. Take it off the charger. It's probably not charging anyway, if the BMS is giving you that indication.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Among1423