DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Issue

Grey Hawk Photography

Reactions
Today when I tried to turn my MA2 off it wouldn't. The lights stayed on and the RC said there was a battery issue. I took the battery out, but when I put it back in it would turn on the MA2 all by itself. I was out flying in Canyon Lake, TX when it happened so I didn't try to use it again. My thought is that its done and I don't want to risk it.

I don't know what your classification of "done" is, but I would charge the battery to full and try again. Also, would be helpful if you could provide the manufacture date of that battery (there seems to be a "bad batch" manufactured in April).

I don't know what your classification of "done" is, but I would charge the battery to full and try again. Also, would be helpful if you could provide the manufacture date of that battery (there seems to be a "bad batch" manufactured in April).
I charged it back up and it never registered as 100% charged. It still does not shut off while in the drone either.

Where do I locate the batter batch info at? Thanks in advance.

I charged it back up and it never registered as 100% charged. It still does not shut off while in the drone either.

Where do I locate the batter batch info at? Thanks in advance.
Sounds like that battery is "cooked" (maybe literally).
All the battery info (including serial number/manufacture date) can be pulled from the flight logs using something like Airdata (Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones) or Phantom help (DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help). I highly recommend creating an account for Airdata if you haven't already (it's free).

Thanks everyone. Looks like all 3 batteries are from July 2020. Since my 1st post another battery has a bad cell error too. I'm sending all 3 batteries in today. I bought another battery and it should be here tomorrow.

Reactions: Sapper11
Thanks everyone. Looks like all 3 batteries are from July 2020. Since my 1st post another battery has a bad cell error too. I'm sending all 3 batteries in today. I bought another battery and it should be here tomorrow.

Update. Zero issues from DJI. 3 new replacement batteries scheduled to deliver Friday. Free of charge.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143