DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Life A2S

spetersen

Reactions
Hi from Thailand , I wonder how long should I should expect an Air 2, 2S battery last in terms of charges, due to the fact I live in a very hot country with an average temp of 30 C . Anyone have the experience living close to the equator please let me know...

@spetersen it all depends on how you treat them during storage ,as well as usage, the heat will probably shorten their lifespan to some extent ,but its not really possible to give an exact figure,the numbers quoted by DJI are possible lifespan

2 of the 3 batteries that came with my flymore combo are starting to swell and so I'll recycle them soon. They have 131 and 143 charges and I fly in pretty extreme heat and cold.

2 of the 3 batteries that came with my flymore combo are starting to swell and so I'll recycle them soon. They have 131 and 143 charges and I fly in pretty extreme heat and cold.
wow mines started to swell after 45 charges but they are 24 months old maybe that has an impact as well

wow mines started to swell after 45 charges but they are 24 months old maybe that has an impact as well
I am not all that knowledgeable on this matter but I have gathered from reading here that they should not be stored fully charged, nor fully discharged. I aim for around 50% but I'm not too fussy on where they land exactly. I just bring them up a bit after use.

Hi from Thailand , I wonder how long should I should expect an Air 2, 2S battery last in terms of charges, due to the fact I live in a very hot country with an average temp of 30 C . Anyone have the experience living close to the equator please let me know...
30C is only 86F, that's not hot at all. I live in TX where it is +100F(37C) most of the summer. Ive never had any issues with my batteries.

Thanks for letting me know. Been here for 9 years and I got 4 batteries. 1: 30 charges start swelling , 2: 22 charges slight swelling 3: 21 Charges charges slight swelling 4: 8 charges OK , This summer been very hot up to 43 degrees C where I live , north eastern Thailand , Bought the drone and batteries June 2021... I guess crappy quality, or best before date has passed ... Cheers from Thailand

My batteries that finally started to swell are 14 months old. They swelled enough that they weren't seating properly in the drone. That's when I decided to recycle them. I still have 8 good ones though. I buy the $50 "refurbished" ones from Amazon and have never had an issue.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31