DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery over temperature warning

Eagle430

Reactions
Today I went out to fly my drone. My battery is less than a year old and it has around 20 cycles of charging.
I was flying in P mode manual flying all the time doing a few circles and also moving forward and up /down. Battery level was 100% and ambient temperature 31C degrees.
Suddenly a warning came up on my screen saying:
Battery over temperature please remove the battery immediately"
And I also had the option of dismiss or snooze the warning. I got stressed and landed my drone immediately. Lucky for me the drone was close to me around 250 meters and the battery was at 68% when I landed.
I removed the battery but it wasn't feeling too hot in my hand. I put it back and checked with the dji go 4 app and battery temp showed 45.7C degrees.
Do I need to check with dji my battery? Ofcourse it was also full sun but the drone was moving not hovering and also around 35meters height .
Also how dangerous is this warning? I mean I was lucky enough that my drone was near me, but in case it was a bit far what I do? Do I land immediately far from me and hopefully it will land ok and then find the drone or do I risk it to fly back to my home point?

Today I went out to fly my drone. My battery is less than a year old and it has around 20 cycles of charging.
I was flying in P mode manual flying all the time doing a few circles and also moving forward and up /down. Battery level was 100% and ambient temperature 31C degrees.
Suddenly a warning came up on my screen saying:
Battery over temperature please remove the battery immediately"
And I also had the option of dismiss or snooze the warning. I got stressed and landed my drone immediately. Lucky for me the drone was close to me around 250 meters and the battery was at 68% when I landed.
I removed the battery but it wasn't feeling too hot in my hand. I put it back and checked with the dji go 4 app and battery temp showed 45.7C degrees.
Do I need to check with dji my battery? Ofcourse it was also full sun but the drone was moving not hovering and also around 35meters height .
Also how dangerous is this warning? I mean I was lucky enough that my drone was near me, but in case it was a bit far what I do? Do I land immediately far from me and hopefully it will land ok and then find the drone or do I risk it to fly back to my home point?
I flew my Mavic Air 2 this afternoon with the goal of achieving the hottest battery temperature possible.

65.8°C (150°F).

No cautions or error messages.

Attachments

• screen-20210719-151017_exported_653948.jpg
    screen-20210719-151017_exported_653948.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 3
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members