DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Plus issues

WhiteyJr

Reactions
I've had my Mini4 Pro for a few weeks now and the regular batteries (sub 250 grams) that came with it work fine. I get (roughly) the expected flight time from them and the firmware update worked perfectly for all three of them. I recently bought one of the bigger batteries (battery plus) and it is not operating properly at all. When I first power on the drone (with the battery fully charged), I get a "critical battery level" warning. That goes away after a few seconds and the battery appears normal. I went for a flight and after about 10 mins the "critical battery level" warning appeared again and the drone went into forced landing. Fortunately I was able to recover it. I've tried to update the firmware for the new battery several times but it just won't work. I've tried it through the DJI Fly app and it gets to about 73% and then fails. I've tried it using the DJI Assistant program with my PC and it fails after about 9%. I've looked at several solutions online (editing the .ini file in DJI Assistant) and none of them work. Anyone have any thoughts?

I've had my Mini4 Pro for a few weeks now and the regular batteries (sub 250 grams) that came with it work fine. I get (roughly) the expected flight time from them and the firmware update worked perfectly for all three of them. I recently bought one of the bigger batteries (battery plus) and it is not operating properly at all. When I first power on the drone (with the battery fully charged), I get a "critical battery level" warning. That goes away after a few seconds and the battery appears normal. I went for a flight and after about 10 mins the "critical battery level" warning appeared again and the drone went into forced landing. Fortunately I was able to recover it. I've tried to update the firmware for the new battery several times but it just won't work. I've tried it through the DJI Fly app and it gets to about 73% and then fails. I've tried it using the DJI Assistant program with my PC and it fails after about 9%. I've looked at several solutions online (editing the .ini file in DJI Assistant) and none of them work. Anyone have any thoughts?
Sounds like you've tried everything. I would assume at this point that the battery is defective and return for an exchange/refund.

check with DJI. They may instruct you to do something like drain the battery below 10% or maybe it's all the way, then fully charge it and wait 30min .... there is some process like that with "bad" batteries. They may clarify and have to try something or simply replace it.

Reactions: WhiteyJr
check with DJI. They may instruct you to do something like drain the battery below 10% or maybe it's all the way, then fully charge it and wait 30min .... there is some process like that with "bad" batteries. They may clarify and have to try something or simply replace it.
Ya they told me to discharge it completely and re-charge with the DJI charger. I did all that and still the same result. "Critical Battery Level" warning as soon as I power it on, and the firmware update fails. I just don't trust it. I sent it back for a refund today. Thanks for the input everyone!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas