DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Removal ?

Rogerlin

Reactions
Hi,

I noticed someone recently, mention in passing, that you should not leave the battery in the drone (M2 Zoom) whilst not in use, is this a good idea?

Correct. Always remove the battery after flight so it doesn't discharge to unsafe level, or in the rare event that it catches fire it doesn't also take your craft with it !

Correct. Always remove the battery after flight so it doesn't discharge to unsafe level, or in the rare event that it catches fire it doesn't also take your craft with it !

Just takes the house and the drone if it is in the house!

If one battery goes, I probably have enough lithium batteries for all kind of devices to take down the entire block!!! The newest in hearing aids - now that could be painful.

Correct. Always remove the battery after flight so it doesn't discharge to unsafe level....!

Are you sure?, the power switch is on the battery itself not the drone, does this switch not completely isolate the battery from the Drone?, I have not tested it, but am unaware that there is a residual current drain when the battery is in place.

Always remove the battery after flight so it doesn't discharge to unsafe level
The battery will not discharge any faster when left in the drone.

I take the battery out after a flight to let it cool down quicker, but no issues inserting a freshly charged cell and either going for another flight or leaving it in there

I take the battery out after a flight to let it cool down quicker, but no issues inserting a freshly charged cell and either going for another flight or leaving it in there
That's what I do. I replace the battery with a fresh one and set the used one aside to cool a while before putting it on the charger.

Leaving the battery in isn't an issue for discharging, as msinger states. This may be getting confused with Phantom 4's that many believe has a problem, that when leaving the battery in the craft during storage, this promotes cracks in the shell, which a good percentage of owners have noticed. My P4 shell cracked in the battery bay corner, and GadgetGuy's did too in the same spot. I don't know if the battery is cracking the Phantom shells or not, as it's hard to prove, but I have stopped storing the craft with battery installed. I think the Mavic line isn't prone to this crack threat, given the design differences between the Mavic and Phantom designs. +1 for Mavic.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54