DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery

minijoe

Reactions
How long is it safe to keep the battery charged without flying. I charged it last night, was going to fly today but the wind came up and later today temp going to 100.

One of the recent updates on the drones with self discharging batteries seemingly set the default time until discharge starts (from full) to two days, it might be worth following that example

Reactions: minijoe
the MM batteries do not self discharge that is why it has a outlet on the charging hub just put one battery in at a time and use it to charge your phone or screen device you use ,if you know you will not be flying in the next 5 days just take each battery down till you have three lights lit and then you can safely store them for several days without damage just dont leave them near any heat source when they are fully charged ,if you know that you will be able to fly in the next couple of days then they will be fine

Are you supposed to not keep your batteries fully charged? I have been flying for a couple months now and every time I fly I charge my batteries back up to full. Is this the wrong thing to do?
Thanks,
—Noah

Reactions: CrazyFastFlying
Launch, adjustments to recovery, 22-23
Minutes. People have argued this point, but that’s what it is. Impressive, with all the conditions that a lightweight low power drone has to offer. If you want to stress yourself out and fly it to zero..25-28 minutes. Who wants to do that? ??

Are you supposed to not keep your batteries fully charged? I have been flying for a couple months now and every time I fly I charge my batteries back up to full. Is this the wrong thing to do?
Thanks,
—Noah
The recommended storage charge is around 50%. Storing at 100% or nearly empty shortens the life expectancy a bit. Remember that the same applies to the controller battery too.

After flying I just charge my batteries to approx 50% and pack them away. Just before heading out to go flying again I charge them up to 100%.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones