DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bay Area Drone Images

DStanworth

Reactions
Photographer here, purchased a drone. I've had my drone for several months now. I purchased it for still photography, not videos. I got certified. Initially I was very timid to fly, I've taken a ton of crappy images and now I'm starting to have a little more confidence, I understand what the drone can and cannot do. My images are getting better. I had two fly-away's! Not fun but learning experiences. I'm learning to fly and take better images. Here are a few photos.

If I can help anyone take better images please message me. I will share what I have learned.
[email protected]

Embarcadero at twilight
SF_1648z.jpg

US Bank Sign
Sanfrancisco_1272.jpg

Bay Bridge
SF_1720 POST.jpg

Ghirardelli Square
Ghirardelli_1873.jpg

Fabulous pictures. I know what you mean with the flyaways I had one with my Mavic two pro and it was horrifying it didn’t fly far but I had no control over it and had to try to smash it into my house to get it down it took over a month to get my confidence back

Great shots! I especially like the bridge photos. The first one is an award winner in my book. Clearly, you have a photographers eye.

My son lives in SF and when covid calms down I'm headed there. His apartment has a rooftop lounge ;)

Curious as to why you reversed the first photo. The neon San Francisco sign is reversed. In my minds eye, I see the original image as having more impactful composition. Great photo nonetheless.

Curious as to why you reversed the first photo. The neon San Francisco sign is reversed. In my minds eye, I see the original image as having more impactful composition. Great photo nonetheless.
Nope, that's the correct sign direction. Its orientated so the port sign can be read by ships/boats on the bay. Also, you can see one of the letters is not lit up. The best example I saw of that was when it once spelled: PO T OF SAN FRANCISCO

Reactions: pelagic_one
Photographer here, purchased a drone. I've had my drone for several months now. I purchased it for still photography, not videos. I got certified. Initially I was very timid to fly, I've taken a ton of crappy images and now I'm starting to have a little more confidence, I understand what the drone can and cannot do. My images are getting better. I had two fly-away's! Not fun but learning experiences. I'm learning to fly and take better images. Here are a few photos.

If I can help anyone take better images please message me. I will share what I have learned.
[email protected]

Embarcadero at twilight
View attachment 120188

US Bank Sign
View attachment 120189

Bay Bridge
View attachment 120190

Ghirardelli Square
View attachment 120191
Awesome photos! Did you recovery your fly aways?

Breathtaking!!!
Curious what happened with the two fly-aways. Would you mind sharing your experiences? TIA!!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots