DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BBC article (2/12/19): DJI makes safety improvements to geo-fencing

Mr. Porky,
Wow, you have a great weather web site!
it's far more informative than any weather site across the pond here in the States.
I'm very impressed.
All the best,
Tony

@Tony Kiburis

From a Tony to a Tony... ;) thank Q very much, much appreciated. I’ve been fascinated with the weather since I was a wee boy. My website needs a bit of an update, certain links are broken but shouldn’t take to long once I’m logged on to my server.

I have weather records since 2006, that’s when I first went live on the net. I can even see the difference with climate change looking back at my records.

Perhaps you don't understand the concept of 'trial by media'. This over-rules all other legal process.

Sorry Des I forgot about the “trial by media” rule :rolleyes::rolleyes: yep what they say go’s ... slipped my mine..;)

The best and most plausible explanation of the Gatwick incident came from a policeman who stated that the drones everyone had seen were most probably the three police drones that are stationed permanently at Gatwick for security purposes. This is how the drones were being seen over such a long period of time and why nobody could figure out how and where the drones were getting their batteries changed.

For me this made perfect sense. Gatwick is massive and not all of the staff would know a police drone from a non police drone. The fact that there was considerable effort to find those responsible and yet not one single shred of evidence was found.

A few days later the officer retracted his statement which was also weird but most probably politically motivated as if found to be true, then this would make those in charge at Gatwick look very very stupid and also be made responsible to foot the massive bill that these sightings caused!

What gets me the most is the millions of people who in this day and age should trust their eyes and their common sense. Not one image of a drone was produced, not one scrap of evidence found, we all know the media is full of BS at the best of times and yet everyone was running around blue in the face screaming drones lol. I mean seriously, how sad is that. It sounds more like what robots would do then clear thinking human beings.

Reactions: MaviCam
PointZero, do you have a source for this story, It's the first time I heard such a statement

"The best and most plausible explanation of the Gatwick incident came from a policeman who stated that the drones everyone had seen were most probably the three police drones that are stationed permanently at Gatwick for security purposes"

If you are referring to this:

"some of the Gatwick Airport drone sightings could have been police drones - that had been sent up after the original sighting."

...Then you have embellished and changed the wording to make the story fit your beliefs

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31