DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Be careful with the latest update: IMU problems!

Tegels

Reactions
I bricked mine….

I bricked mine….

I thought you only needed to calibrate IMU after a crash.

After the firmware update, I got the message ‘IMU callibration required’. Couldn’t ignore that….

After the firmware update, I got the message ‘IMU callibration required’. Couldn’t ignore that….
Can you rollback to old firmware with DJI Assistant?

Did you check in the app to see what the condition of the IMU was? I get messages all the time but I tend to hunt for the source to determine what they truly mean.

If by any chance your drone is NO LONGER UNDER WARRANTY , AND, an update to DJI software somehow "BRICKS" your drone, or your controller, what would DJI do ?

If by any chance your drone is NO LONGER UNDER WARRANTY , AND, an update to DJI software somehow "BRICKS" your drone, or your controller, what would DJI do ?
The Mavic 3 was only released 6 months ago, so they are all still under warranty.

Factory reset then update to the level yr comfortable with. Personally I’d persue recalibrating the IMU. Mâme sure yr on a level solid table and take yr time. Follow the positioning exactly and don’t touch the drone while it’s calibrating.

I bricked mine….

I too have tried to update the IMU after 700 upgrade and still only get failed notice .. i will not fly M3 until i get clean IMU update!!! Those who do are crazy to fly without clean IMU after this massive update .. i expect crash notices will be coming out for those that fail to get clean IMU update!

Just another example of updates that provide unwanted headaches.
Research prior to updates is best.
Hope this one gets resolved so all goes well for the M3 folks.
Still happy with my decision to not own an M3.

I bricked mine….

I have the same problems! I bought the drone in December 2021 and it has been serviced twice in Germany and once replaced! Now it's leaving for Germany again! After each flight I have to upgrade the IMU system! It's a good idea to take your new device to service immediately! good luck

Interesting, that was mentioned in previous thread and skimmed over by most. I even questioned the Poster without a reply.

Regardless of being prompted, needed, or simply want to perform a IMU calibration... is insignificant, the procedure should not create new problems and should properly complete.

That is an essential procedure when needing to be performed that should function. For new FW to effect IMU calibration is a concern, since this should have been non-impacted code module in new release and if code was modified, shoud have been throughly tested & verified.

Disappointing to hear on new FW to correct previous issues.

Interesting, that was mentioned in previous thread and skimmed over by most. I even questioned the Poster without a reply.

Regardless of being prompted, needed, or simply want to perform a IMU calibration... is insignificant, the procedure should not create new problems and should properly complete.

That is an essential procedure when needing to be performed that should function. For new FW to effect IMU calibration is a concern, since this should have been non-impacted code module in new release and if code was modified, shoud have been throughly tested & verified.

Disappointing to hear on new FW to correct previous issues.
Well i started this IMU concern issue and still have not heard back from DJI support. so far i dont see any wobbly yet. but trouble is brewing for sure.

Reactions: Dougcjohn
Have my IMU calibration failed after the update to .0700
IMU status is normal, tho...
Found this on DJI forum:
"
Just got a reply from DJI via Facebook. See their reply below:
Hunter Haopeng Chen
Hi there, we have received an update from our engineers. The issue has been located, the processing method of the data used in the IMU calibration may cause some aircraft probabilistically result in not meet the requirements of the calibration algorithm. It will not affect the aircraft. We will optimize the issue soon with an update. Apologize for the inconvenience caused
"

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute