DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Be careful!

edfrombama

Reactions
Good morning to all-
Yesterday I took my Mini 2 down to the bay where a bluff gives good elevated take off and control position. I switched batteries and fired her up and got ready to fly. All was normal- no problems. The drone rose to regular auto launch height and then right before my eyes, the battery bay door popped open and the battery was visible. I immediately landed the drone and shut and secured the door- as I should have done when I changed batteries.
The point of this post? When changing batteries, make sure that door is closed completely and secured. I don't like to think about what could have happened had the door popped open when the drone was in flight and moving over the water.
Learn something every flight, right?

good day to all- Ed

@edfrombama just like to add a couple of points
the door itself does not actually hold the battery in place in the drone
and also the design of the door means that it will not latch securely unless the battery has been fully and correctly inserted, additionally a tab on the door also prevents the battery release mechanism from releasing the battery, if the door is latched correctly

Not any different than loading your family up to take off and go some where. You check everything, listen to the drone and check out the controls and then fly into a tree at 50 feet. I don't understand some drone operators. Glad your problem was not serious.

Good morning to all-
Yesterday I took my Mini 2 down to the bay where a bluff gives good elevated take off and control position. I switched batteries and fired her up and got ready to fly. All was normal- no problems. The drone rose to regular auto launch height and then right before my eyes, the battery bay door popped open and the battery was visible. I immediately landed the drone and shut and secured the door- as I should have done when I changed batteries.
The point of this post? When changing batteries, make sure that door is closed completely and secured. I don't like to think about what could have happened had the door popped open when the drone was in flight and moving over the water.
Learn something every flight, right?

good day to all- Ed
Well i think you got your answers.. but when i install my battery it like dbl clicks into the compartment and its a ***** to get out, you really have to get ur fingernail or finger into that release portion and really pull the battery out.. the door is just a cover but mine you can feel it snaps close.. wonder why yours flew open.. if you still get that problems... like they say Duct tape it.. LOL , thats the handy mans fix it fast problem solver. JK

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake