DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Beach breakfast with Kingfishers

Droffarc

Reactions
The pied kingfisher (Ceryle rudis) is a species of water kingfisher widely distributed across Africa and Asia. Originally described by Carl Linnaeus in 1758, it has five recognised subspecies. Its black and white plumage and crest, as well as its habit of hovering over clear lakes and rivers before diving for fish, make it distinctive. Males have a double band across the breast, while females have a single gorget that is often broken in the middle. They are usually found in pairs or small family groups. When perched, they often bob their head and flick up their tail.

Hope you enjoy.

See more of my video clips on my YT channel at:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Beautiful birds and have just refreshed my meories of them by consulting my Robert’s Birds of South Africa. Lovely filming. We are so used to wild life cameras located on the inside of the bird’s bill as they dive in, it’s good to see some long shots!!

Reactions: Droniac
Very nice!

Reactions: Droniac
Beautiful birds and have just refreshed my meories of them by consulting my Robert’s Birds of South Africa. Lovely filming. We are so used to wild life cameras located on the inside of the bird’s bill as they dive in, it’s good to see some long shots!!
Thanks Twickers
Ja I could not get one to allow me to put my drone in its bill, no matter how many food morsels I offered.

Reactions: twickers14
Very nice. I loved watching the pieds when in South Africa years ago. At the game park we were at they'd fish the ponds and then take their catches into a tree and beat the snot out of them. Watched one fishing the surf at Jeffries Bay also.

Very nice. I loved watching the pieds when in South Africa years ago. At the game park we were at they'd fish the ponds and then take their catches into a tree and beat the snot out of them. Watched one fishing the surf at Jeffries Bay also.
Thanks for watching Kevy.
So who wants to eat a snotty fish anyways

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ