DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Beautiful Desecration, Dinorwic Quarry, Wales - DJI Air3 / AVATA 4K

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
High in the Mountains of North Wales, in the shadow of the mighty Yr Wydffa (Snowdon) lies an incredible industrial wasteland, Dinorwic Quarry.

The land lies blatantly torn asunder, open cast workings, waste heaps and mine tunnels pepper the site, dotted with long abandoned and derelict mining buildings - winching houses, offices, mills and tramways punctuate the scene - built from the same slate as was mined and still lies all around in the waste heaps. And yet although the land lies defiled, it is not an unseemly blight, but instead a monument to those who came before, their lives, their blood, sweat and tears.

There is something otherworldly about the scenery, the vast scale of the workings - over 2 miles long, a mile wide and thousands of feet in height - only adds to the sense of otherness, it is almost incomprehensible to our modern minds that this was created by men, and with minimal machinery - mining started in the 1700's and ceased in 1969...

Anyhow, it's a great place for a walk and to explore, and also a great place for flying drones - we saw several other folks flying on the day we visited...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

High in the Mountains of North Wales, in the shadow of the mighty Yr Wydffa (Snowdon) lies an incredible industrial wasteland, Dinorwic Quarry.

The land lies blatantly torn asunder, open cast workings, waste heaps and mine tunnels pepper the site, dotted with long abandoned and derelict mining buildings - winching houses, offices, mills and tramways punctuate the scene - built from the same slate as was mined and still lies all around in the waste heaps. And yet although the land lies defiled, it is not an unseemly blight, but instead a monument to those who came before, their lives, their blood, sweat and tears.

There is something otherworldly about the scenery, the vast scale of the workings - over 2 miles long, a mile wide and thousands of feet in height - only adds to the sense of otherness, it is almost incomprehensible to our modern minds that this was created by men, and with minimal machinery - mining started in the 1700's and ceased in 1969...

Anyhow, it's a great place for a walk and to explore, and also a great place for flying drones - we saw several other folks flying on the day we visited...

LOVED it what an awesome take on a beautiful/destructive area

• Love
Reactions: AlbionDrones
LOVED it what an awesome take on a beautiful/destructive area
Thank you kindly.... It was an amazing place to fly, almost too much to take in...

Reactions: Rchawks
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Thank you for the amazing video!

• Love

yes it looks like a great place to fly. Very well done.

Thank you kindly... I was happy with the footage, still have more to play with yet...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Thank you for the amazing video!
Thank you, and yes, I quite agree, and to me it was a beautiful place indeed...

Beautiful work. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you
yes it looks like a great place to fly. Very well done.

Thanks... Even with the winds - 15 to 30mph gusting to 35mph - it was an amazing place to fly, but soo huge that deciding what to fly and how was a problem, and editing the footage was even more of a challenge...

Reactions: Rchawks
That is stunning and your flying exemplary. Super scenery plus really interesting nooks and crannies. One of your best. As a boy I used to go on 4 week camps based in a school in Bangor. We went to see this place which I think was still operating. It would have been 1960/1. No flying for me at the mo-had a bit of heart issue so taking it easy. Can’t wait to get back to it.

• Love
Such an interesting site and a great video…thanks for sharing. I haven’t visited Wales of all places in the UK and I really appreciate your videos by living vicariously through them. Off to the next location we go😄

🇨🇦👍

Very nice production of a very interesting place. Surreal and you captured that. A great job with your FPV.
At about 21 seconds in, it appears there is another drone flying from the lower left across the pond. Hard to say for sure on my phone screen.

• Love
That is stunning and your flying exemplary. Super scenery plus really interesting nooks and crannies. One of your best. As a boy I used to go on 4 week camps based in a school in Bangor. We went to see this place which I think was still operating. It would have been 1960/1. No flying for me at the mo-had a bit of heart issue so taking it easy. Can’t wait to get back to it.
Thank you, and for the kind words, it was a brilliant place to fly... Sorry to hear of the heart issue, I hope rest helps ease it and that you are soon back flying again...

Such an interesting site and a great video…thanks for sharing. I haven’t visited Wales of all places in the UK and I really appreciate your videos by living vicariously through them. Off to the next location we go😄

🇨🇦👍
Thank you kindly, we are fortunate to live where we can visit so many places without too much hardship... More from Scotland still to process, and another day out to Wales planned for the weekend - plus I still have a lot more footage of that quarry to play with...

Very nice production of a very interesting place. Surreal and you captured that. A great job with your FPV.
At about 21 seconds in, it appears there is another drone flying from the lower left across the pond. Hard to say for sure on my phone screen.
Thank you... You have keen eyes, yes a DJI MINI 3 or 4 flew beneath me, there were lots of folks carrying DJI MINI around and one guy flying his Nazgul too, it's definitely a site that attracts drone flyers...

Reactions: davery87
Great video, excellent flying and perfect soundtrack. Well done. Awesome place to fly. 👍🏻👌🏻😁
Thank you kindly... Appreciate the watch and comments :)

Another brilliant video!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr